Eversource Energy Program Manager in Southborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Individual provides leadership and expert direction, strategic and planning for distributed energy resources and distributed generation project management and deployment. Responsibilities include: project management, interaction with customers and their representatives, Eversource internal stakeholders, developers, state and federal representatives. Other major responsibilities include coordination of complex engineering studies, scheduling of resources and monitoring of project costs and meeting or exceeding customer expectations for the successful implementation of projects within mandated regulatory time limits and budgets. The Program Manager also will lead cross functional and company teams on current and developing distributed generation regulatory and legislated issues.
ACCOUNTABILITY – PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Develop strategies and tactical plans for the group to ensure that the Company is operationally ready and in full compliance with state and federal energy legislation and regulations.
- Oversee the departments most complex distributed resource projects through their complete life-cycle, from application to final project test and closeout.
- Analyze, track and report on department goals, SLA’s and other metrics as needed.
- Analysis and report on distribution load and DER production data.
- Track and analyze engineering and project costs to improve forecasting.
- Provide direction and guidance on projects management for the other Project managers, Schedulers and analyst.
- Responsible for writing Project/Technical Authorization Forms and presenting them to various committees.
- Represent the Company’s interests at industry caucuses at state, regional and national levels in the development of rules and regulations, rates and tariffs and generator interconnection requirements
- Provide regulatory and legislative support, including answering interrogatories, and witness testimony as required.
- Will have storm restoration and emergency duty assignments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of electric power system operations, utility regulation and tariffs, applicable governmental and regulatory laws, rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science, Business or Engineering. MBA or Master’s degree in Engineering preferred
- Eight years of directly related experience.
Licenses & Certifications:
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs