Eversource Energy Operations Performance Analyst, Gas in Southborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
This position facilitates the creation and maintenance of performance measurement, reporting and analyses to enable corporate and business area leaders with the decision support information needed to meet their goals. Supports a variety of performance improvement projects. Works collaboratively with other team members and departments on routine work and special projects.
- Facilitate the design, build and maintenance of performance reporting processes to assure up-to-date performance results are available for business use throughout the year.
- Collects performance data and information from a variety of sources, and keeps all data collection tools organized and updated throughout the year. Reviews and assures data quality on a regular basis, taking steps to correct data or processes as needed.
- Lead the creation of new data collection models and processes to establish metrics. Develops streamlined approaches so as to minimize manual processes and duplicative work by CPM or business areas.
- Creates and maintains appropriate documentation for performance metrics (i.e., Basis Documents, etc.) and reporting processes to enable cross-training and business continuity.
- Prepare data, presentations, reports or information as needed to assist business improvement initiatives, respond to regulatory requests for information, as input to business decision making and for the goals & budget development processes. May include repackaging existing information and/or creating new, ad hoc reports or tools.
- Conducts research to identify best practices and performance comparisons. Involves utilizing existing/available benchmarking opportunities from external parties and creating new Company-sponsored surveys. Outreach to benchmarking partners at other utilities or industries. Locates, validates and inputs Company data and information into surveys, and creates presentations and analytics as part of comparative assessments used in communicating the results of research or surveys.
- Proactively learns about the company, industry and in particular the business areas being support in order to understand, validate and communicate performance results and progress of business initiatives.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires the ability to design, build, analyze and interpret data models (relational tables or databases), ability to use standard business reporting software to build and modify reports and databases (heavy emphasis on advanced Excel, Power BI and/or Tableau) and in using data from a data warehouse or other database. Must be able to identify and ensure data quality and accuracy. Requires strong communications and interpersonal skills, strong mathematics capabilities, conceptual/analytics capabilities, advanced Excel, Tableau, Power BI & reporting tools skills, process analysis tools use.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Mathematics, related discipline or equivalent experience.
Required Experience: 5 years related experience. Key skills are in understanding and using data to measure and explain performance, extracting and analyzing data, working with IT systems, developing analytics, collaborating with others, communicating in a business setting with all levels of management, excellent verbal and written communications, can demonstrate effectiveness in performance analysis, developing tools and models to analyze and explain results, developing executive presentation material to explain performance analyses. Prior experience in data handling and business process/performance analysis is preferred. Requires self-directed work ethic and abilities, capable of taking the lead on action items or initiatives while also collaborating with others within and outside of the department.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing, walking, and using computers and telephones. Occasional travel to other company locations may be required on a particular day to work on specific projects or other non-company locations to attend training.
This is a PHMSA Safety-Sensitive position and is subject to random drug screening. Also, responds to emergencies off hours as needed.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Work includes calculating, comparing, extracting, defining, documenting, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results. Must be able to work independently and collaboratively within the organization and be able to recognize and work with sensitive and confidential information.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs