Eversource Energy Meter Service Representative in Southborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
POSITION:FIELD SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE LEVEL I
DEPARTMENT:METER FIELD OPERATIONS
STARTING RATE OF PAY: $31.63
CURRENTLY POSTED HOURS: VARIOUS
**Union Represented Position**
Under General supervision, contacts customers by telephone or field visit to collect required payment of deposit or delinquent accounts; accept partial payments and grant credit extensions under prescribed limitations; obtain meter readings and customer information pertaining to new and previous customers; discontinue self contained meters up to and including 480 volts; investigate and explain to customers that bills are correct or incorrect in respect to metering and meter reading; restore customer service when directed; perform clerical duties and use computers in connection with this work. Will, where appropriate, be assigned a take home vehicle for purposes of direct reporting to customer premises.
1. Valid Massachusetts driving license and must pass Company driving test.
2. Must have a minimum of 8 months experience as a Meter Reader and must have demonstrated the ability to read meters proficiently.
3. Must have knowledge of electricity, electric meters, meter appurtenances, and be able to discontinue and restore same.
4. Must be neat, accurate, tactful, courteous, and be able to exercise self control in dealing with customers.
5. Must be familiar with billing and accounting procedures.
6. Must be capable of analytical reasoning and convincing explanations.
7. High School Diploma or Equivalent
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs