Eversource Energy Manager, Leak Management/Corrosion in Southborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)This position is responsible for the efficient management and overall compliance of all activities performed within the Gas Corrosion and Leak Survey Departments. The incumbent has enterprise-wide responsibility for the overall direction of Corrosion and Leak Survey compliance activities, quality management programs and employee safety.
- Manage all Leak Survey programs to ensure all inspections are compliant and maintained consistently across the enterprise.
- Manage all Corrosion Control Programs to ensure compliance, including the installation, operation and maintenance and testing of all corrosion facilities for the Eversource gas system.
- Develop and manage Capital and Operations & Maintenance budgets for both Leak Management and Corrosion Control.
- Develops strategies for improving both productivity and cost competitiveness while maintaining quality.
- Manage all gas leak reporting and ensure that all leak reports are completed as required and supporting data systems are updated and accurate.
- Manage the inside atmospheric corrosion testing activity throughout Eversource and ensure regulatory compliance targets are met.
- Design, implement, and maintain effective and comprehensive information systems necessary to track and report compliance targets within leak management and corrosion control.
- Responsible for any leak or corrosion related compliance obligations placed on the business as a result of changes in federal or state mandates.
Requires a high degree of technical knowledge in the area of natural gas transmission and distribution systems. Must possess excellent communication skills, knowledge of applicable State and Federal codes, the ability to read mapping systems as well as an understanding of Cathodic Protection systems. Also requires familiarity with Microsoft Office, Click Mobile, GIS, Maximo, and Leak Detection technologies.)
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, related discipline or equivalent experience.
Ten (10) to twelve (12) years related work experience in an operational/managerial environment.
Licenses & Certifications:
National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) – Corrosion Technician or above
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs