Eversource Energy Manager, Gas Operations Performance and Long-Term Planning in Southborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
This position is responsible for managing the development and maintenance of financial and operating performance measures and metrics, as well as for the preparation and publishing of reports and presentations in support of the Gas Operations Organization. This position is also responsible for the development and maintenance of fully integrated 1, 3 and 5-year staffing plans to support the Gas Business. This position will play a leading role in the design, implementation and management of performance tracking and reporting databases related to Gas Operations and oversee the integration of these systems with other Corporate performance systems. Analyze business data to monitor data quality, determine performance levels, understand variations, determine process improvement opportunities and assist with business decision-making. Develop and manage special studies focused on specific units or practices within the Gas Organization and provide in depth analyses. Participate on a variety of performance improvement projects.
• Designs and directs the development of performance tracking systems, balanced scorecards and performance reporting for the Gas Organization.
• Manages the collecting, analyzing and reporting of Gas Organization operating and financial data inclusive of the coordination and preparation of the quantitative data required for the Gas Operations Monthly Work Plan Report.
• Develops and maintains database and statistical models to facilitate research and analysis of the Gas Organization, as well as comparable gas utilities and related organizations.
• Oversees the maintaining, tracking, monitoring and reporting of planning and performance criteria.
• Identifies key productivity, performance measures and metrics, and develops performance and service level commitments in conjunction with Gas management.
• Works jointly with managers on recommendations for efficiency improvements that may impact budget and complement.
• Recommends and implements improvements to Gas business and operations processes.
• Collaborates with key internal business partners to identify and resolve people, process or technology issues. Provides data and analyzes information to Gas Management as requested to assist with performance or system improvement and business decision-making.
• Develops, prepares and publishes Monthly/Weekly Operational Scorecards/reports for each of the departments and operating locations within the Gas Operations Organization.
• Assists with the preparation of the annual operating and capital work plan for Gas Operations and oversees the preparation of the monthly update for the operating and capital work plans.
• Participates in the development of regulatory reporting and analysis as required.
• Develops and maintains integrated staffing models to support the 1, 3 and 5-year work plans, while ensuring regulatory requirements are adhered to.
• Requires the ability to design, analyze and interpret data models (relational tables or databases), ability to use business reporting software to build and modify reports and databases (i.e., Crystal, Access, Power BI), and in using data from a data warehouse or other database.
• Basic knowledge of Gas Operations.
• Also requires strong communications and interpersonal skills. Excellent PC desktop applications skills (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel).
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, related discipline. May consider equivalent experience. Master’s Degree or MBA preferred.
• Minimum of Ten (10) years related experience. Demonstrated experience in extracting and analyzing data, working with databases, and communicating in a business setting with all levels of management. Prior experience in data and business analysis, and Process and Performance Management. Demonstrated ability to lead teams.
• Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
• Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Work includes analyzing, planning, organizing, evaluating and documenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities • Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
• Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
• Drive accountability/monitor progress
• Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships • Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
• Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
• Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
• Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People • Create individual development plans with direct reports
• Set realistic performance objectives
• Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
• Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration • Surface and address competing goals
• Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
• Conduct teambuilding/development processes
• Encourage collaboration
• Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce • Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
• Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
• Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
Lead Change • Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
• Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
• Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer • Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
• Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs