Eversource Energy Gas Control Field Work Coordinator in Southborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! Implement and Maintain Eversource's System Oversight policies and compliance.
The purpose of this position is to provide day to day continuity and support for both CT and MA (1 position in each state) over Control Room and Field Operations. This position contributes to providing a reliable and continuous supply of natural gas to customers while ensuring the safety and well-being of customers and employees by coordinating the activities of all personnel assigned to the control room as those activities relate to planned field work. This position ensures achievement of goals and objectives consistent with the Company mission.
This position will report to the Manager of CRM Compliance and Field Coordination. This position will administer the applicable operating procedures to ensuresafety, reliability, cost and efficiency of gas service onEversource Distribution systems. This position will provide subject matter expertise on how to safely execute all applicable operating procedures.
Essential Functions: This position will lead and oversee the interface between real time system operation (SCADA) and planned maintenance and construction work being performed on the gas systems within the company. This position will be responsible for approving all planned Pipeline and Field work activities, including LNG activity that could impact system operations.
- Reviews and approves all planned field work that has impact on system operations.
- Works with Planning and Scheduling Department to prioritize work to support daily work plans.
- Ensures that the process to create and approve applicable operating procedures is followed.
- Accountable for field clearances and approval decisions and coordinating with real time system operation in the event of abnormal conditions.
- Coordinates applicable operating procedure problem resolution with the various groups who are a part of the applicable operating procedures
- Provides training and guidance on the applicable operating procedure process to personnel who utilize the applicable operating procedure applications.
- Supports and drives the continuous improvement of the applicable operating procedures process within Eversource.
- Provides daily support to Gas Controllers as applicable operating procedure jobs are executed by Field personnel.
- Maintains Gas Controller qualifications in order to operate the gas system as a Gas Controller.
- May be assigned to work 12 hour rotating shift work that includes weekends and holidays as a back up to the normal Gas Controllers
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires technical knowledge in the area of natural gas transmission, distribution system configuration and gas regulator station /SCADA system operations. Should possess excellent communication skills, the ability to read mapping systems and an understanding of gas pressure and flow relationships, remote telemetering and control, applicable Federal and State codes, LNG operations, Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, and GIS.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business related Discipline is preferred.
Experience : 5+ years related work experience in the operating and maintenance field
Working Conditions: Work is performed primarily in an office environment which involves sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area.
Problem Solving & Complexity: Need excellent work management, prioritization skills, and the ability to communicate between multiple departments and companies
Physical Aspects: Included but not limited to sitting, standing, writing or working on a PC or SCADA system for the majority of the day. Occasional field visits are required as part of the continued training process
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs