Eversource Energy Engineer, SCADA, Gas in Southborough, Massachusetts
This position manages and maintains all software and hardware for Gas SCADA and Remote Terminal Unit (RTUs) and implements and designs RTU programming to support field projects.
This position is responsible for troubleshooting the SCADA system when problems occur to ensure uninterrupted Gas SCADA system operations, which is critical to distribution system monitoring and control. This position also requires evaluation and integration of the latest gas monitoring equipment and telecommunication options.
- Manage, maintain and enhance SCADA system software and field RTU software.
- Develop SCADA operational pages, create system reports and maintain historical and real-time databases.
- Program and assist in the installation of all new and upgraded field RTUs and telecommunications.
- Manage remote communications links (leased line, cellular modems, radio and fiber optic).
- Work with IT Networking and Security to maintain a reliable and secure Gas SCADA network.
- Provide reports and operational data to various departments and/or agencies.
- Provide training and promote innovation and participation in system development among users.
- On-Call support of Real Time SCADA system required.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years related experience.
- Requires proficiency in Accol Workbench Open BSI, Modbus, BSAP, OPC, SQL Server, TCP-IP, Microsoft Access and Office. Proficiency in ClearSCADA and ControlWave Designer preferred. An understanding of gas distribution system operations and telecommunications such as serial, Ethernet and wireless preferred.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Eversource will facilitate training and DOT Operator Qualification certification for the successful candidate, consistent with Gas Control Supervisors.
Compensation and Benefits
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The salary range for this position starts at $92,140.00 and the market rate is $102,380.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed both in an office environment and occasionally at field RTU sites. Working in an office environment requires sitting, standing, kneeling and general movement throughout the gas control and server areas. Field work at RTU sites requires proper clothing and requires applicable personal protective safety equipment such as a hard hat, steel toe shoes, safety vest, safety glasses and hearing protection.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs