Eversource Energy Director, Corporate Communications in Southborough, Massachusetts
Role and Scope of Position:
Serve as the point position relating to internal and/or external communications that focus on and are relevant to Eversource’s territory. Responsible for developing and implementing communications strategies and channels to enhance the Company’s image.
Direct, develop, and administer internal communications programs and strategies, employee communications strategies, brand development and management, media and public relations, regulatory relations, and legislative communications strategies and programs designed to effect and improve understanding by the public, regulators and legislators of the Corporation's objectives and achievements as well as enhance the reputation of Eversource and its subsidiaries.
- Develops and implements communication programs to enhance customer, shareholder and stakeholder understanding of Eversource’s mission, vision, values, and achievements.
- Oversee internal communications, creative services and execute employee communications programs and strategies to successfully engage employees in meaningful ways
- Manage creative services team to successfully strengthen and develop Eversource’s brand and creative approach across the company
- Accountable for timely and accurate dissemination of information through messages, newsletters, email, website content, letters, brochures, and reports.
- Responsible, in partnership with Customer group and other operating departments, for the planning and implementation of customer-facing communications during emergency response.
- Manages the department and its employees by establishing and monitoring performance objectives, policies, standards, goals, and budget.
- Develops employees, stays abreast of communications trends and manages channel improvements with an eye toward constantly enhancing the Eversource customer experience.
- Manages financials to achieve positive business results in alignment with corporate objectives
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends, proven management practices and industry-related legislation
- Develops relationships with selected community leaders and organizations to facilitate strong community relationships, leverages common goals and objectives and furthers the mission of Eversource.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships and communications within the Senior Leadership team to share ideas, spearhead inter-disciplinary projects, develop communication strategies, and coordinate common work efforts
- Identifies and appropriately addresses obstacles to goal attainment as well as emerging issues within assigned areas
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including public speaking.
- Familiarity with the latest digital tools and trends related to reaching customers when, where and how they prefer to be communicated with.
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong functional understanding of computerized business systems
- Extensive resourcefulness to anticipate, define and direct solutions to complex and/or unusual issues
- Exceptional spoken communication skills including the ability to develop and give presentations before various audience sizes at all levels of the organization
- Extremely strong collaborative skills including the ability to build coalitions and work effectively in highly strategic and political environments
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Advertising or related discipline or equivalent experience.
MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of professional communications experience including four (4) years managing projects within the print or electronic news media; management of internal communications programs; experience with public relations, media and crisis communications and regulatory/legislative communications
- Experience working with creative individual contributors and creative agencies is preferred
- Experience in strategic communications as well as experience with social media
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs