Eversource Energy Team Leader, Project Planning, Transmission in South Hooksett, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 4 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
The Budget and Investment Planning Team Leader for the Transmission Project Planning Group is responsible for providing supervision and direction to the Cost Team on the development of projects costs reports for Eversource Transmission Projects for the Eversource Transmission Project Management Organization. This individual understands and applies project management theories and methodologies, utilizing a variety of related project management control tools. Responsible for coordinating, and supervising cost activities for transmission projects, including detailed project planning, apply cost estimating and analysis of capital and expense cost expenditures and project information systems.
- Provide leadership and oversee a team of Cost Analysts in the development, maintenance, monitoring and analysis of project cost reports to support project requirements.
- Provide consulting and support services in the areas of cost and scheduling, project management and project controls to other members of the Project Management Organization.
- Communicate with team members and advise management of the status of work-in progress, resource availability and potential project schedule conflicts and problems.
- Expedite project plan changes and negotiate the reallocation of resources to accommodate changes and conflicts.
- Works closely with Project Managers obtaining, providing and implementing information and recommendations to meet project goals and positively influence project direction.
- Coordinate intra and inter departmental activities to assure adherence to budget.
- Support regular status updates of existing and development of new Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as well as the monitoring/reporting of projects. These metrics would include measures such as actuals vs. budget; month over month comparisons; and monthly project/program cost reports for completeness and accuracy.
- Develop and initiate continuous improvement initiatives with such tools and techniques as procedure enhancements, process enhancements, training guides & instruction, spot checking and departmental self-assessments.
The individual must be self-reliant with a strong sense of self-motivation, possess good communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to set priorities and support diverse needs
Knowledge of project management information systems, engineering economics, capital investment analysis techniques, plant accounting, capital budgeting and rate recovery.
Ability to monitor and analyze cost information, provide forecasts, make recommendations, and communicate effectively at all levels.
Individual will require a good understanding of corporate strategies and initiatives along with a thorough understanding of the Transmission organization.
Demonstrated high competence in past assignments
Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business (preferred); undergraduate degree in Engineering or equivalent degree will be considered. A Master's degree in Business Administration or equivalent education and/or professional experience is highly desirable.
10 years related experience in Project Management, Engineering, Contracting, Cost and Scheduling or similar role
The above 10 years preferred to include 5 years’ experience in a project and /or construction environment or similar role
Prior supervisory experience and strong knowledge of budgets, business planning and project facilitation
Experience with managing multiple projects/priorities
Ensures compliance with applicable Transmission procedures
Prior utility experience highly desirable
Licenses & Certifications:
Valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Limited travel may be required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Normal office environment
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Nature of work is project driven.
Will involve high dollar, volume and complex calculations.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
Show how employee’s work fits in
Provide business updates, news
Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
Recognize good performance
Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs