Eversource Energy Project Manager – Right-of-Way Work Coordination System and Process in South Hooksett, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Role and Scope of Position:
As part of Transmission’s Project Services Group and a matrixed organization, responsibilities include building the strategic and tactical framework for the right-of-way (ROW) work activity coordination effort and managing multi-discipline ROW Coordination Teams to identify and capitalize on operational synergies, avoid collateral damage, increase field productivity, facilitate adherence to permit requirements and customer commitments, minimize errors on the job site, and speak with one Eversource “voice” in the eyes of our customers, municipal leaders, regulators and other influential stakeholders. Has overall responsibility to manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of a new, customized ROW Coordination Database housed in a browser-based, integrated project management platform, using real-time data from disparate, existing systems to coordinate and manage all ROW work and related outreach activities.
The PM will coordinate and lead multi-functional teams; act as the interface with IT to ensure that security and other parameters are defined and followed; work with subject matter experts to identify appropriate informational sources; assess information integrity; and work with the external integrator consultant and IT, as needed, throughout the stages of system development, testing, implementation and maintenance.
The Project Manager (PM) will work with various internal stakeholders to manage the development, implementation and maintenance of the right-of-way coordination process to effectively manage Eversource right-of-way work activities and integrate various sources of disparate right-of-way information across the Eversource footprint.
Project support may be required in any of the three states in Eversource’s footprint but primary responsibilities for this position resides in (eastern Massachusetts]/New Hampshire)
- Build the strategic and tactical framework for the system-wide ROW coordination effort and lead multi-discipline ROW Coordination Teams to identify and capitalize on operational system synergies, mitigate collateral damage, and reduce risk to the capital program.
- Working with Transmission Project Service’s colleagues, Transmission Projects, Transmission Maintenance, Right-of-Way Vegetation Management, and Major Distribution projects SMEs, track, identify and coordinate right-of-way work activities, where applicable, and mitigate property owner/community work fatigue.
- Responsible for the oversight, development, execution and ongoing management of an enterprise-wide ROW database designed to coordinate various work activities in the same ROW, improve field productivity, identify synergies or conflicts, minimize errors on the job site, and facilitate adherence to permit requirements and customer commitments.
- Coordinate engagement of internal subject matter experts throughout the information source identification and integrity assessment process; leads and manages multi-discipline teams and internal stakeholders
- Serves as bridge between the applicable business units, external integrator consultant and IT, working to direct and support execution of prioritized business needs, including supporting system and information integration needs
- Collaborates internally with business units across three states to foster strong relationships, manage expectations and adjust work product
- Responsible for setting expectations, identifying progress, and effectively managing issues and risk throughout the process; ensures milestones are delivered within scope and schedule
- Ensures system integration components have appropriate data ownership, quality controls, monitoring, and security.
- Works with IT to test application integrations and facilitate stakeholder testing
- Post-testing, develop multi-discipline system maintenance team and processes to ensure timely information integration and integrity
Demonstrated ability to effectively direct cross-discipline teams
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, anticipate problems, and influence outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to influence group or corporate culture
- Understanding of variety of information systems and structures
- Experience supporting software implementations that involve multiple stakeholders
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
Bachelor's degree in Business, IT or Engineering Degree with database management or integration experience; Computer Science; MIS or related field
Minimum five (5) years’ work in a Technical Business Analyst, Data Manager/Integrator, and/or Project Manager role. (Minimum two years in a Project Management role.)
- Support may be required in any of the three states in Eversource’s footprint but primary responsibilities for this position resides in [eastern Massachusetts] [New Hampshire].
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between CT/MA/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs