Eversource Energy Project Manager - Project Outreach in South Hooksett, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
As part of a project-based matrixed organization and working with Project Team members, subject matter experts (SMEs), other Eversource departments and external stakeholders, develop and manage stakeholder outreach strategies and tactics in support of Transmission and other right of way (ROW) work (“projects” or “project”). Responsible for developing and managing the coordination, timing and execution of specialized stakeholder outreach plans and managing a team of field outreach representatives that are the designated liaisons between targeted stakeholders and Project Teams/SMEs for a portfolio of projects. Lead the internal coordination of all construction, maintenance and other activities within the Company’s ROWs to ensure that messages conveyed to property owners, municipal officials and other key stakeholders are clear, consistent and aligned. Responsible for managing and mitigating risk to the projects’ scope, schedule and cost due to stakeholder intervention.
Project support may be required in any of the three states in Eversource’s footprint but primary responsibilities for this position resides in New Hampshire.
For multiple Transmission and/or Distribution projects and other work activities in the Eversource rights of way, create and manage the implementation of specific outreach strategies and tactics applicable to all stakeholders, including property owners, municipal officials, regulators, legislators, and/or advocacy groups, collaborating with respective SMEs, e.g., Community Relations, Corp Communications, Media Relations, Gov’t Affairs, Regulatory, Environmental, Real Estate, etc., as needed.
Responsible for day-to-day oversight of multiple field outreach representatives (contractor), including oversight of their contracts and review/approval of monthly invoices. Work with field outreach representatives on development and execution of outreach strategies and tactics for planned right of way and/or station project activities. Provide guidance on response to escalated stakeholder issues and manage these issues to resolution, updating upper management and other interested and affected stakeholders, as appropriate, to minimize risk to the project and potential for further escalation.
Participate in field constructability reviews/site walkdowns to assess project risk and property/community impacts, and aide in the development of impact mitigation plans, outreach strategy and associated tactics; assess required level of outreach support; and assign resources.
Coordinate Project Impact Mitigation and ROW Coordination processes with Project Leads and others, as needed, to ensure consistency of messaging for all stakeholders – e.g., municipal, NGOs, property owners, etc. Lead ROW Work Coordination meetings on behalf of the Transmission and Distribution organization, bringing together representatives from applicable disciplines across the Company to discuss and coordinate upcoming ROW activities.
Manage Project-related interactions with local elected and other officials, i.e., municipal CEO and staff, working with Community Relations and others as needed; and maintain communications with municipal leaders in order to identify opportunities/means to address municipal project-related concerns.
Develop project-specific, nuanced messaging and related materials for affected property owners, municipal leaders, and other stakeholders, ensuring alignment with Corporate messaging. Develop and manage timing of release of all project-based collateral materials, Project web pages (as needed), and correspondence to affected stakeholders.
Ensure compliance with non-regulatory commitments and agreements made with affected stakeholders, e.g., property or business owner, municipality, etc., pursuant to project work activities, including but not limited to:
Abutting property owner issue management
- Negotiated ROW access
- Work hours
- Restoration of impacted properties
- Potential business interruption
Work with Company subject matter experts, e.g., Project Management, Siting, Environmental, Real Estate, Construction, Community Relations and others as needed, to develop necessary presentations and project materials to support liaison responsibilities.
Manage notification of municipal and safety officials, local residents and media (as warranted and through Media Relations) regarding impacts of high-profile events (e.g. splice implosions, auto-transformer deliveries, helicopter wire stringing, blasting, etc.).
Manage development of “focus area” lists to anticipate and accommodate property and community impacts, issues, concerns, inquiries, and complaints, abutting proper owners and other residents/businesses, NGOs, etc., that inevitably will arise during construction or other project work.
Manage the public logistics associated with permitting and siting hearings, as appropriate, and related processes conducted by local and/or state siting councils/boards as required.
Work with Project Management and manage ongoing training of all field contractors (e.g., survey, environmental, construction, etc.) to ensure their compliance with project standards related public interactions, permitting/siting requirements (e.g., access, work hours), local municipal agreements, and individual residential and business accommodations.
Mitigate project-related issues regarding property damage, perceived property value impacts working with Real Estate, business interruption and other concerns using the established dispute resolution process and/or work with Legal and Insurance, as needed, to help manage resolution through the corporate Claims process.
- Strong leadership capabilities; ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to provide both strategic insight and perform detail-based analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record in planning, coordinating, and managing diverse projects
- Ability to interact effectively with property owners, businesses, municipal officials, business organizations, environmental groups, and community-based organizations
- Basic understanding of Federal and state siting and permitting requirements
- Foundational understanding of transmission and distribution rights of way and building of related facilities
- Experience in management and oversight of contractors preferred
- Experience in managing contracts and reviewing invoices preferred
- Bilingual English / Spanish preferred but not required.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Business Management, Communications or similar.
Minimum of five years utility, community outreach, project management or related experience. Stakeholder relationship-building, personnel management and team building experience preferred.
- Project support may be required in any of the three states in Eversource’s footprint but primary responsibilities for this position resides in [eastern Massachusetts] [New Hampshire].
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs