Eversource Energy Supervisor - Facilities Operations in Somerville, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
This position is responsible for ensuring the timely maintenance, operations and improvements of facility systems throughout the Company. Also responsible for the physical security of assigned properties and ensuring an environmentally safe and secure workplace environment for employees. This position ensures that all assigned properties and operating systems are functional, maintained and in compliance with local, state and federal codes. Provides internal office support to Company departments.
- Oversees maintenance, operations and improvements to the electrical, plumbing, structure and HVAC systems at assigned facilities.
- Oversees maintenance of grounds including landscaping, parking facilities, snow removal and vegetation control.
- Provides internal office support to Company departments and personnel including office furniture setups and arrangements, support of departmental moves, delivery of equipment, recycling of reusable materials and air quality control.
- Maintains security of assigned facilities including maintenance of fences, gates, external doors, locking devices, electronic access equipment and video monitoring equipment.
- In collaboration with other supervisors, ensures that emergency storm plans are in place to support the timely restoration of customer service.
- Technical knowledge in a facilities management operation
- Ability to use MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Etc.)
- Spoken and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with others
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline desired
- Five to ten years related facilities management experience
- Experience supervising union employees preferred
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs