Eversource Energy Supervisor, Distribution Engineering in Somerville, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for ensuring that the Eversource transmission and distribution systems are designed to high quality standards that provide customers with safe, reliable, competitively priced and environmentally sound electric service. Ensures the timely obtaining and processing of rights, permits and easements from federal, state and municipal authorities, as well as private property owners, and the processing of customer service work orders. This position is also responsible for providing customers with accurate and timely information regarding construction, service and restoration activities. Interfaces with Customer Care, Electric Operations and other departments to ensure that new customer connections are processed in an accurate and timely fashion. This position supervises a staff engaged in the engineering and design of processes to operate, maintain, restore and construct the Eversource distribution systems.
2. Essential Functions:
- Ensures that the design and specification of additions, modifications and replacements to the transmission and distribution systems, and the preparation of system electrical permits and related customer notifications, are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensures that rights, permits and easements from federal, state and municipal authorities and private property owners are obtained and processed accurately and on time.
- Communicates with customers and community officials concerning all aspects of utility construction, operations, restoration, maintenance, and service delivery.
- Directs the work planning process including preparation and prioritization of work plans and schedules, resource and materials requirements, and forecasts and coordination with other processes for optimal resource utilization.
- Manages performance by reviewing and evaluating work of employees. Identifies, builds consensus and communicates performance measures and expected performance levels. Assesses and improves team and employee performance through coaching and on-the-job training.
- Fosters an environment of teamwork, creativity and problem solving. Shares information and encourages participation in the decision-making process. Removes obstacles through communication with other areas.
Ensures compliance with regulatory and Company work rules and procedures. Understands and complies with the labor contract and works to resolve initial grievances. Initiates appropriate disciplinary action when required.
Required to work extended hours during emergency events.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires extensive knowledge of utility transmission and distribution system design, operations, maintenance, and construction principles and practices, safety standards and business processes. Project and schedule management skills including computerized work and materials management and scheduling tools. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel). Also requires working knowledge of labor contracts.
E ducation/Experience: Requires a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, or Bachelor of Science plus equivalent technical education, plus five (5) years of experience in transmission, distribution, and/or field service design and/or installation, servicing customers and supervising employees.
Licenses & Certification: Massachusetts Driver’s License.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment that requires sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs. Job will require on-site field visits and traveling to operating districts and companies within and outside the state.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs