DTE Energy Renewable Energy Plant Operator - Bluewater in Smiths Creek, Michigan
Renewable Energy Plant Operator - Bluewater
Smiths Creek, MI, US
Company: DTE Biomass Energy, Inc
Job ID: 11842
DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states. But we’re more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences,and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Bluewater Renewables LLC is a landfill gas to energy facility located in Smiths Creek, MI at the Smiths Creek landfill. The facility utilizes (2) CAT 3520 reciprocating engines used to drive (2) generators that each produce 1.6 MW of electricity.
• This position is responsible for daily operations, routine maintenance, system troubleshooting, production reporting, responding to alarm conditions and making repairs.
• Work is performed under indirect supervision with results evaluated against achievement of set production and spending goals while adhering to policies, procedures and professional conduct always using safe practices in an environmentally responsible matter.
Conducts day-to-day operations and maintenance of the plant including working with mechanical and electrical equipment
Diagnoses and corrects adverse gas field and plant conditions and malfunctions
Responds to alarm conditions, troubleshoots and repairs systems, and restores operational capacity
Adheres to company and project specific health and safety requirements; participates in monthly safety audits and inspections
Maintains administrative records including logbook, filing system for drawings, instruction books and manuals, spare parts inventory, and records
Supports, assists, and directs the work of contractors on-site
Routinely operates a motor vehicle and/or off-road vehicle on undeveloped terrain
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent
Possesses a valid driver’s license and good driving record
Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and instrument control systems including equipment such as motors, blowers, controls and pumps
Ability to analyze problems, develop solutions and recommend sound alternatives
Ability to work overtime including call outs outside of normal business hours, weekends and holidays
Basic computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications
• Previous military experience
• A technical degree in an electrical or mechanical field is preferable, or equivalent work experience with electrical and mechanical systems
• Familiar with gas compression and/or gas transportation
Employees receive a generous compensation and benefit package including:
• Competitive wages and an annual performance bonus
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• 401k with top-tier company match
• Paid time off including vacation, sick time, holidays and parental leave
• Tuition assistance
• Advancement opportunities
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The following physical demands must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Successfully complete pre-employment physical including ability to utilize respiratory protection and all other safety requirements, drug screen and background check
• Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls due to regular exposure to moving mechanical parts and/or machinery
• Must be able to reach with hands and arms, and to hold objects
• Must be able to sit, stand or walk for 8-14 hour shifts, including walking long distances, up and down stairs and on uneven ground
• Must be able to work in or outdoors during all seasons including wet and/or humid conditions, and extreme cold and/or heat
• Must be able to hear conversations (in person or via 2-way radio) in noisy environments
• Must be able to frequently lift objects of up to 50 pounds in weight
• Vision requirements for this position include close, distance and peripheral vision, along with depth perception
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Most work is within the vicinity of a municipal solid waste disposal facility
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.