Sumter Utilities Overhead Crew - All Positions (Foreman/A, B , C Lineman/Operator/Groundman in Simpsonville, South Carolina
Sumter Utilities, Inc. (a Quanta Services company) seeks entire Overhead Crews (Foreman/A Lineman/B Lineman/C Lineman/Operator/Groundman).
Successful candidates will possess existing experience working together as a construction crew Preference may also be given to candidates who are able to bring along additional qualified candidates to form entire work crews.
SAFETY IS A CORE VALUE FOR OUR COMPANY so substantial weight will be given in the selection process to candidates demonstrating their shared commitment to safe operations.
We offer competitive wages, paid vacation and holidays, a full benefit package including Health, Dental, Vision, Optional Critical Care Insurance, LifeLock Identity Protection and both Company Paid & Supplemental Life Insurance as well. Benefits are available the 1st day of the next month following hire date. We also offer a 401k Retirement Savings Plan with a substantial company match.
After 6 months of employment, employees are eligible to apply for entry into SUI's DOL Certified 4-Year Apprenticeship Program. (Must have a HS Diploma or equivalent and CDL.)
Possession of a valid Class A CDL is HIGHLY PREFERRED. Those hired without a CDL may be required to obtain within 90 days of employment.
Sumter Utilities Inc. is an Equal Opportunity - Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace Employer
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Generic job description for all positions. All applicants can apply under this job posting.
Provide direct supervision & technical guidance to Linemen, Apprentices and Groundmen performing maintenance & construction on all electrical distribution and associated equipment projects.
• Responsible for coordinating essential personnel on-site for the project to include crew mobilization.
• Communicate, demonstrate and enforce safety requirements and best practices.
• Possess comfort level with using new technologies (mobile devices/apps) and/or show willingness to learn. Such tools are bringing Jobsite access to improved information and efficiencies.
• Manage supplies, materials and equipment.
• Assist with planning, directing and budget activities concerned with the construction of a pole line and other electrical material and equipment used for distribution line construction projects.
• Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings, and scopes of work.
• Communicate directly with General Foremen, Superintendents, Construction Managers, Project Managers, Line Crews and other project personnel as required.
• Understand and follow detailed construction schedules.
• Possess High School Diploma or Equivalency.
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints and scopes of work
• Able to coordinate & collaborate effectively with multiple levels within company...from fellow field professionals to back office support functions.
• Willing to travel and work away from home.
• Experience with digger derricks, bucket trucks, trenchers, and groundwork with utility crews is required.
• Ability to work at heights up to and above 60 feet preferred.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, demonstrate & encourage teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace.
• Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimal Customer Service.
• Be willing/able to work additional hours, when required.
• Be willing/able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
• Have total commitment to safety and compliance.
The employee is required to sit; frequently climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or maneuver up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or maneuver up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work is primarily performed outdoors so physical exposure to often extreme weather conditions, animals and insects and other outdoor hazards is unavoidable and required.
Job Locations US-SC-Simpsonville
Job ID 2022-1434
# of Openings 100
Category Lineman Level Energized