FirstEnergy Corp. Supv, Nuc I&C Maint in Shippingport, Pennsylvania
Supv, Nuc I&C Maint
Shippingport, PA, US, 15077
Job Function: Maintenance
Employee Type: Reg Full Time (FT)
Requisition ID: 15687
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FENOC, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [BVN]
The Supervisor, I&C Maintenance will coordinate daily instrument and control maintenance work on plant equipment consistent with standardized FirstEnergy Nuclear Operating Company fleet practices, policies, and procedures.
• Directly supervise maintenance instrumentation and controls personnel in the performance of repairs, testing,
troubleshooting, modifications, calibrations, and other related activities in support of the maintenance program.
• Ensure station work groups perform assigned tasks per station work management processes and procedures.
• Ensure personnel are properly trained and qualified to perform assigned activities.
• Direct and coordinate activities related to scheduling, preparation, and performance of maintenance activities.
• Interface with other work groups to resolve issues.
• Support activities on backshifts, weekends and during plant outages as required.
• Act as a Corrective Action Program analyst.
• Perform duties as a Subject Matter Expert in support of training.
• Assist with budget preparation and tracking.
• Enforce the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
• Promptly investigate and settle grievances.
• Perform Emergency Response Organization duties as assigned.
• Periodically travel to industry related events as required by the position.
Shall have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical discipline or related field preferred.
Three years of previous supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
Shall have a minimum of four years of experience in the craft or discipline that the person supervises. (ANSI N18.1-1971, Section 4.3.2)
Three to five years of experience in I & C Maintenance, Operations or Engineering of which two years should be in a technical field.
Should possess an understanding of common computer applications such as (MS Office Suite, Sharepoint, eSOMS, SAP, etc.)
Should possess good written and oral communication skills
Must reside within site-specific Emergency Response Organization response time.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, Developer, Manager, SAP, Technology, Engineering, Management