NextEra Energy N Training Ops Instructor Sr in Seabrook, New Hampshire
N Training Ops Instructor Sr
Date:Nov 9, 2018
Primary Location:Seabrook, NH, US, 03874
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 28096
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Below is a description & requirements for this role. In additional to the description listed below, the ideal candidate will have an understanding of energy market economics and be process improvement oriented. Start your future now, apply today!
Seabrook Station is located on 900 acres on the seacoast of southern New Hampshire. The plant is operated in a highly-responsible manner and is dedicated to protecting the environment while meeting the energy needs of New England. Seabrook Station is one of only a few nuclear power plants in this country that is ISO 14001 compliant, recognizing the plant’s leadership and excellence in environmental stewardship.
Job Overview This job is responsible for preparing employees to pass the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) initial and requalification operator and senior operator licensing examinations. Employees in this role deliver integrated systems training to participants that covers plant operations and prepares them to stand field and/or control room watch duty.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs, develops, implements and presents integrated systems training and initial operator and requalification training programs in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements
- Operates the simulator and classroom display instruction system during training in accordance with approved procedures
- Develops and administers written and oral examinations to include simulator and plant observation
- Evaluates and documents operator candidate knowledge of controls and systems
- Revises instructional materials to reflect changes in plant design, current plant practices, regulations, and/or operating philosophies
- Provides direction to less experienced instructors and function as program lead
- Maintains a senior reactor operator certification or license for the site where instruction duties are being performed
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 8+ years
- Nuclear Experience: 8+ years
Senior Reactor Operator Certification Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor's - Sciences
- Bachelor's - Engineering
- Certified Nuc Trng Instructor Classroom
SRO License - Active, Inactive, or Prior Special Requirements Nuclear Specific Requirements:
Bachelor's in a technical field (e.g., Math, Physical Sciences specialty, Engineering) or equivalent education and/or experience
- Related industry OR nuclear operations training experience: 8+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Training Organization: NextEra Energy Seabrook, LLC Location: Seabrook, New Hampshire Other Work Locations: New Hampshire Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Boston Job Segment:Nuclear, Power Plant Operator, Reactor Operator, Energy