Pacific Gas & Electric Company Gas System Planning Engineer, Senior in Santa Rosa, California
Requisition ID # 14397
Job Category : Engineering / Science
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : Santa Rosa
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including: planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
Performs engineering work to ensure that gas system capacity and overall system operations meet the needs of PG&E's gas transmission system customers. Provides hydraulic analysis, operational support, and gas transmission system engineering for the company's backbone and transmission systems. Collaborates to ensure the design, construction, and operation of facilities meets operational requirements of the gas pipeline systems. Acts as a liaison with gas field operations personnel to assess and review the impacts of operations within the gas pipeline system. This position will be located in the Santa Rosa Office and responsible for portions of the North Bay Local Transmission System.
· Analyzes winter pressure charts, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) information, and other system performance data.
· Assesses and reviews escalated impacts of operations within the gas pipeline system.
· Calculates complex pipeline, station, and compressor unit capacities and provides technical design load curves and temperature forecasts and results.
· Conducts analyses and contributes to the development of testimony for federal, state, and local regulatory agencies/commissions, e.g., California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and Federal Energy and Regulatory Commission (FERC).
· Evaluates and determines cost efficient and effective facility enhancements and replacements to meet customer needs and operating requirements.
· Identifies new business trends and movements in the gas and backbone transmission systems.
· Provides hydraulic analysis and transmission system engineering expertise regarding PG&E's local gas transmission and/or backbone transmission systems.
· Provides technical engineering expertise to assess and support gas planning tools and software.
· Reviews customer gas usage, temperature factors, and load curves.
· Uses hydraulic simulation models to determine transmission system performance (pipelines, regulator stations, compressor stations, and storage fields), for problems of moderate scope or complexity.
· Validates and contrasts models and scenarios compared to gas operations data and develops recommendations to resolve issues
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
· Job-related experience, 5 years
· CA Class C License, or equivalent
· Experience in engineering, pipeline simulation
· EIT-Engineer in Training certification
· PE-Professional Engineer license