Southern California Edison Proj Cntrl Mjr Proj, Advisor in Santa Ana, California
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Project Controls Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will be part of the Distribution Project Controls team within the Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Organizational Unit (OU). You will lead/oversee the development and maintenance of budgets, expenditures and forecasts for a large portfolio of major or multi-year projects and/or programs. In addition, you will focus on excellent customer service, continuous improvement, and always looking after people. As a Project Controls Advisor , your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
· Build, develop and maintain project budgets/baselines, short- and long-term forecasts and expenditure plans.
· Perform sophisticated data analytics and reporting by conceptualizing and implementing sophisticated SAS, Access, Analysis for Excel (AFE) and VBA solutions to assist Project Managers and OU partners to baseline, monitor, control and forecast costs (e.g. budget, actual, contingency, earned value, cost per unit and cost impact analysis).
· Prepare and present sophisticated results, alternatives, insights and/or recommendations to support business decisions, to monitor and control project costs and schedules and to mitigate potential risks to major and/or multi-year project(s) and/or programs.
· Maintain a cost risk register to analyze the project cost impact so the appropriate steps can be taken to mitigate them and/or assign the appropriate level of contingency.
· Establish and maintain effective dialogue with clients, project team members and management to support, supervise and forecast budget performance. Ensure understanding of drivers of cost performance through regular touch points with project team members as appropriate.
· Prepare cost and performance data for use in project routine and ad-hoc reporting, Long Term Planning, Corporate Goals, annual budgeting, and General Rate Cases, using cost tracking software and perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
· 7 years of experience in cost controls/management and/or data analytics
· BA or BS degree in engineering, construction or project management, computer science, business, finance, or a related discipline such as math or statistics.
· Experience with performing and presenting analysis (e.g., cost variance, cost per unit, and impact/trend analysis) to support business decisions.
· Experience working with large amount of data in Microsoft Excel and databases to analyze budgets, forecasts or other financial information.
· Experience with planning, monitoring, and reporting of budgets, forecasts, and expenditures for major or multi-year projects and/or programs.
· Ability to interface optimally & collaborate with clients/peers/management to optimally meet shifting needs.
· Must have good oral/written communication skills and be able to present technical information in simple, non-technical terms.
· Project Management Professional or Professional-Level AACE certifications (e.g., CCP or CEP).
· Advanced SAP / Business Intelligence experience extracting data and ad hoc reports.
· Experience with capital or utility construction or regulatory environment.
You should know …
· The position’s work mode is Remote . Employee is able to work primarily at home or remote however, the employee may be expected to come to an SCE facility on occasion. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
· Visit our Candidate Resource page (https://www.edisoncareers.com/page/show/Candidate-Resources) to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, the hiring process, and more!
· Relocation does not apply to this position.
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.
Southern California Edison
- Southern California Edison Jobs