Pacific Gas & Electric Company Accounting Analyst, Principal in San Francisco, California
Requisition ID # 15065
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Finance and Risk
Job Location : San Francisco
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
Technical Accounting performs derivative accounting assessments, helps business partners understand the accounting implications of alternative accounting structures, researches complex accounting issues, implement new accounting standards, and Educating others on accounting topics, including preparing and supporting the application of company accounting policies.
This high profile team provides a great place for energized and talented employees to ignite their career, make a contribution and be recognized. The work of the team provides challenge and variety as well as exposure to key individuals throughout the company.
This role reviews and provides guidance/coaching on derivative accounting, including journal entries, disclosures, and documentation. The successful candidate will work with business partners to evaluate potential opportunities and challenges using their deep understanding of technical accounting and then synthesize research, provide perspective and develop implications for line of business and/or company. The successful candidate will lead ad hoc teams and provide thought leadership to Corporate Accounting.
Responsible for maintaining accounting policies, reporting requirements, rules and regulations:
• Researching and identifying resolutions for issues.
• Evaluating accounting issues and proposing solutions
• Assisting in the identification of impacts and effective implementation of new accounting standards or guidance
• Performing analysis and developing conclusions of complex accounting issues in order to assist in making recommendations to senior leadership
• Supporting the maintenance of comprehensive accounting policies
Ensures accuracy and compliance with U.S. GAAP and other accounting regulations:
• Assisting in the maintenance of accounting policies and procedures and providing guidance to business partners
• Contributing to the timely identification of impacts and effective implementation of accounting standards
Establishes and maintains relationships with business partners:
• Building and maintaining relationships with key business partners (e.g. Energy Procurement, Regulator Relations, HR, Corporate and Capital Accounting) to contribute to early identification of transactions and changes that could have potential accounting / reporting impacts.
• Assisting in the development of education and training for the business on accounting topics
Assists in the set-up of processes, procedures and other improvement efficiencies:
• Contributing to the improvement in the effectiveness of communications with business partners, and gain efficiencies during monthly close review procedures.
• Assisting management in evaluation of overall effectiveness of accounting advice and recommend opportunities for improved performance.
• Contributing to the department and company projects initiatives to improve processes and understands / translates financial impacts.
8 years of relevant accounting experience
Strong technical accounting skills
Knowledge of GAAP and SEC
BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent work experience
Masters Degree or equivalent experience
Job-related experience, 10 years
Experience in public accounting
CPA-Certified Public Accountant certification
Ability to manage a variety of projects and timelines.
Excellent interpersonal and communications
Ability to present the rules and regulations behind assigned accounts to department management
Ability to solicit and integrate information from a variety of sources
Ability to use proper analytical techniques to breakdown and solve complex problems
Able to lead department wide modeling and data initiatives of the highest complexity and impact
Able to present highly complex data and findings to diverse audiences which may include top industry and regulatory stakeholders.
Ability to solve unique and complex problems
Limited travel required