San Diego Gas & Electric Senior Business Systems Analyst in San Diego, California
The Senior Business System Analyst (BSA) is tasked with helping the business meet its objectives and goals by using broad IT and business knowledge to implement IT solutions which address business needs. In a leadership capacity, develops requirements, facilitates/conducts Business Domain testing, and provides training to ensure that the IT solution reflects the functionality necessary to address business goals and objectives. Provides application support to ensure that end-user issues are managed to resolution. Identify, develop and implement effective technology solutions that address complex initiatives.
- In a leadership capacity, develops and manages requirements to ensure that the IT solution reflects the functionality necessary to address business goals and objectives. Includes data analysis, modeling and process management as part of requirements facilitation.
- Models systems and data to a logical level, user interface design and prototyping, decision tables/trees, data flows, modeling and processes using various notation (use cases, class diagrams, activity diagrams, business process modeling notation.)
- Provides application support to ensure that end-user issues are managed to resolution
- Facilitate and execute Business Domain Testing and may participate in Quality Assurance domain level testing to ensure that the IT solution reflects the functionality necessary to address business goals and objectives.
- Identify, develop and implement effective technology solutions that address complex initiatives.
Develop and conduct user training to assure proper operation ofsystems.
Perform other duties as assigned
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
- Degree or college diploma/certificate in business or information technology, or equivalent training and experience
- 5+ years of related experience required
- Ability to provide project leadership in the areas requirements development, business domain testing and training
- Writing unambiguous, verified requirements to a testable level (functional and non-functional requirements)
- Extensive knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Extensive knowledge of project management methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of testing methodology and tools
- Extensive knowledge of technology system interfaces and data integration; networks, operating systems
- Extensive knowledge of business; process, roles/responsibility, industry
- Data analysis and Organization modeling
- Requirements workshops/interviews/observation
- Decision and costs benefit analysis
- Excellent communications (oral and written), interpersonal and consultative skills
- Facilitation and Organizational skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Detail oriented and committed to a high level of accuracy
Requisition Number: 18-34792
Job Title: Senior Business Systems Analyst
Area of Interest: Customer Service
City: San Diego
State / Province: California
Posting End Date: 08/16/2018