ConEdison Solutions Project Development Engineering Intern in San Diego, California
Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses through its three main subsidiaries Con Edison Development, Con Edison Energy and Con Edison Solutions, develop, own, and operate renewable energy infrastructure and provide energy-related products and services to wholesale and retail customers.
Con Edison CEB is the second-largest solar producer in North America and the seventh-largest solar producer in the world.
Consolidated Edison Development acquires, develops, builds, and operates wind and solar electric generation facilities across the U.S. The portfolio includes renewable energy generation (wind and solar assets) totaling 2,600 MW AC across 17 states.
Learn more about Con Edison Development here: https://www.coneddev.com/.
Summer Internship Program
We offer a paid, 10-week Internship Program that provides students the opportunity to work with a diverse pool of talent in the Energy/Renewable industry.
Dates: June 7, 2021 through August 13, 2021
Length of Program: 10 weeks (40 hour work week)
Location: San Diego, CA
Preferred Academic Discipline: Engineering
The Summer Intern will work in the Project Development Engineering Group at the San Diego office.
• Assist in the preparation of solar energy production estimates
• Assist in preliminary site layouts, optimization, and cost estimates
• Assist in developing technical deliverables for RFP responses
• Assist in the preparation of interconnection applications
• Assist in the research and evaluation of telecom solutions to project sites
• Assist in plan review of construction drawings and engineering reports
• The student must be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Sophomore year or later, or graduate/Ph.D. program at an accredited institution
• Majoring in engineering
• Ability to apply technical background to project related tasks and challenges
• Exposure to CAD software is a plus
• Willingness to learn how to use software, for example energy production forecasting software
• Excellent Power Point and Excel Skills
• Ability to efficiently gather web-based information skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Self-starter – ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
• Live within a commutable distance to the San Diego, CA office location
• Must provide proper work authorization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.
Requisition ID: 2020-2203
External Company URL: www.conedsolutions.com