San Diego Gas & Electric Engineering Team Lead - Generation Interconnection in San Diego, California
At SDG&E;, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means we are creating a sustainable future by providing almost 45 percent of its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best.
Provide leadership and guidance to professional, highly technical employees. Responsibilities include workload assignment of employees, prioritization and review of work and ensure accuracy and consistency. Manage budget and ensures efficiencies within the department.
- Provide day to day supervision, coaching, training and development for direct reports. Provides coordination, monitors progress, interprets results and ensures timely completion of assignments. Identifies actual or potential problem areas and develop corrective actions to be taken.
- Provides leadership, technical advice, training and guidance to lower level engineers as well as clerical, technical and operating personnel. Recommends new and improved practices and procedures, and ensure compliance with document retention policies.
- Keeps informed of technical developments, and regulatory changes.
- Maintains frequent contact with supervisors and engineers within the department and with other departments. May be required to testify at regulatory meetings. May also be required to attend public meetings related to department projects or other related matters.
- Manages contracts and vendors and approves invoice payments to insure compliance with the contracts. Ensures compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Participates in training programs, seminars and workshops to provide technical and compliance support requirements.
- Participates in hiring, promoting and training of subordinate employees.
- Manage and perform transmission system impact studies for generator interconnection requests in the CAISO generator interconnection queue. Perform long-term transmission planning studies consisting of power flow, short circuit, and stability analysis.
- Identifies process issues resulting from evolution of regulation, customer requests or situations, engineering/technical advances, and internal/external process evolution. Develops proposals to address process and policy needs.
- Participate in the development, negotiations, coordination, and tendering of generator interconnection agreements and facility construction agreements.
- Support and serve on internal and external committees, task forces, and working groups. Report findings of system studies to stakeholders. Develop process controls and quality assurance tools to ensure study accuracy.
- Serve as the interface, along with the Generation Interconnection Contract Team, between the interconnection customer and the various Company departments involved in the interconnection process. This position works on the scope, schedule and cost of interconnection requests that are processed under FERC and/or
- CPUC jurisdiction that can interconnect to transmission and/or distribution voltages.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in a recognized engineering discipline required, preferred in an emphasis in Electrical or Power Engineering.
Experience: Minimum of five years of engineering experience is required.
- Should have experience or strong desire to learn transmission planning processes, power flow, transient stability, and short circuit.
- Experience with power flow or short circuit simulation software preferred.
- Engineering Team Leads require registration as a Licensed Professional Engineer in the state of California or equivalent professional certification.
- Requires strong analytical ability and judgment in identifying problems and providing solutions. Requires problem solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access.
- Must be able to prepare written communications on technical and non-technical matters for various levels of management and customers.
Requisition Number: 18-34494
Job Title: Engineering Team Lead - Generation Interconnection
Area of Interest: Engineering
City: San Diego
State / Province: California
Posting End Date: 07/20/2018