Pacificorp System Protection Engineer I, Salt Lake City, UT, or Portland, OR #111667 in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
System Protection Engineer I, Salt Lake City, UT, or Portland, OR #111667
Date: Feb 15, 2024
Location: SALT LAKE CITY, UT, US, 84116
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Applies prescribed methods and standard practices in performing specific tasks within projects and assists other engineering staff on more complex projects. Develops protection system settings, engineering calculations and design documents associated with the construction, operation, and maintenance of the Company’s transmission and distribution, facilities/systems. Supports the construction and commissioning of protection systems deployed on company transmission and distribution facilities.
• Develop Protection system schematic designs
• Conduct Short circuit and symmetrical component analysis
• Perform protection system coordination studies
• Relay settings and protection system automation logic development
• Conduct arc flash analysis
• Manage Integration with SCADA systems
• Comply with NERC, FERC and WECC regulations
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or electrical engineering technology from an ABET-accredited university.
• Basic knowledge and application of principles in area of engineering power system analysis and/or power system protection.
• Ability to interact favorably with project and work teams.
• Communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
• Proficient with the use of personal computers and automated tools.
• Initiative and self sufficiency
• Proficient in troubleshooting and problem solving
• Occasional travel for project work and training
• Engineering internship or other experience specific to applicable discipline.
• Completion of internship with an electrical utility.
• Engineer In Training certificate (EIT)
• Familiarity with substation design
• Familiarity with power system protection
Req Id: 111667
Company Code: Pacificrop
Primary Location: SALT LAKE CITY
Department: Rocky Mountain Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $76200-$89600
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance incentive bonus of up to 12.00% of salary.
Benefits: Health care, retirement, paid time off, tuition assistance, paid short-term and long-term disability, paid bereavement leave. For more information, please visit: https://careers.pacificorp.com/content/New-Benefits-Page/?locale=en_US
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. PacifiCorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
Unless otherwise required by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening including for marijuana. While marijuana is legal in several states, including Oregon, a positive test for positions in Oregon may disqualify a candidate. The company complies with the laws of Washington and California and only obtains and considers positive tests for marijuana in safety-sensitive positions or those covered by U.S. Department of Transportation regulations.