Pacificorp Renewable Development Mgr, Salt Lake City, Utah #110609 in Salt Lake City, Utah
Renewable Development Mgr, Salt Lake City, Utah #110609
Date: May 25, 2023
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US, 84116
JOIN OUR TEAM
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
This new position is part of the Project Development team at PacifiCorp, which oversees the development and construction of new carbon-free generating resources driving our clean energy future. In this role, you will leverage your experience, critical thinking, and highly effective communication skills to work independently to develop and/or acquire new renewable resources (e.g., wind, solar, batteries, and other non-carbon emitting resources) that help accelerate our clean energy future.
Working with internal and external partners, you will conduct special studies and analyses, develop alternatives, present recommendations to management, and influence critical management decisions.
The successful candidate will be accountable for all project development responsibilities for a portfolio of new projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to landowner interaction and negotiation, financial analysis, permitting, assembling and managing multifunctional matrixed project teams across business platforms. Responsibilities also include coordinating team efforts, assigning tasks, developing detailed project plans, project schedules and ensuring timelines are met. Specific examples include:
• Develop and manage highly complex valuation activities and market value analysis which include energy market trends and input pricing assumptions affecting energy project value, real estate values and trends, lease vs. buy analysis, present and future value analysis, market comparables and highest and best use strategies.
• Identify optimal locations for development of new non-carbon emitting resources.
• Engage with key external stakeholders including landowners, government officials, third-party developers, and contractors.
• Lead local, state, and federal permitting efforts to obtain necessary approvals to construct new projects.
• Manage project due diligence needed to acquire and permit non-carbon emitting projects including site studies, environmental analysis, energy resource, interconnection and transmission availability land use/zoning, and local, state and federal requirements/restrictions.
• Perform complex analysis and negotiation to acquire needed rights which may include acquisitions, leasing, options or rights of first refusal.
• Lead cross-functional transaction assessments including internal real estate, legal, engineering, and construction teams.
• Develop ad-hoc analyses for the PacifiCorp management team, as requested.
• Research and analyze relevant data, evaluate complex situations, develop creative alternatives, provide recommendations, and negotiate and influence outcomes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience required; graduate degree preferred.
• A minimum of five years of experience developing utility-scale renewable energy projects.
• Communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to establish trust, maintain confidence, and understand social behavior and interactions.
• Experience leading discretionary permitting efforts for renewable energy projects.
• Working knowledge of and ability to manage financial modeling for renewable energy projects.
• Working knowledge of real estate disciplines, which include land use laws and requirements, local, state and federal permitting, ownership vs. leasing, and contract law.
• Ability to work across organizational levels to influence actions and negotiate outcomes.
• Ability to listen and communicate effectively through oral and written means.
• Proficient with the use of personal computers to gather, analyze, and summarize data.
• Project management and leadership skills including the ability to work as a team member, maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver on commitments.
• Knowledge of research, analysis, and consulting techniques relating to renewable energy projects.
Req Id: 110609
Company Code: Pacificorp
Primary Location: Salt Lake City
Department: Rocky Mountain Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $129,800-$152,700
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance incentive bonus of up to 20.00% of salary.
Benefits: Health care, retirement, paid time off, tuition assistance, paid short-term and long-term disability, paid bereavement leave. For more information, please visit: https://careers.pacificorp.com/content/New-Benefits-Page/?locale=en_US
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. PacifiCorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.