Pacificorp Manager, Substation Distribution Lead - SLC, UT - #105170 in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Manager, Substation Distribution Lead - SLC, UT - #105170
Date: Sep 6, 2021
Location: SALT LAKE CITY, UT, US, 84116
Manages the day-to-day operations of an electric Utility in a geographic territory, region, location or functional unit that has a significant impact on corporate, business unit, or organizational objectives. Establishes and implements business objectives, strategies, and plans. Manages and allocates financial and employee resources. Implements and supports company programs and policies. Usually responsible for establishment and adherence to department budget. Develop innovative leadership techniques that will improve the safety of each employee group and the quality of work each employee group performs in an effort to improve efficiencies.
• Participate in activities related to the planning, design, building, maintenance, switching and control of the electrical distribution and transmission systems.
• Analyze market and competition and understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses to identify external threats and opportunities.
• Adapt strategy to changing conditions by overcoming resistance and supporting those affected by change.
• Implement strategic business objectives, strategies and plans in support of the Companies strategic goals.
• Manage and allocates financial and employee resources.
• Usually responsible for establishment and adherence to department budget.
• Promote safety in the workplace through demonstrated leadership.
• Respond to after-hour emergencies relating to the electrical system with both Distribution & Transmission activities/workload.
• Manage schedules and complete the annual substation maintenance plan and/or capital work.
• Perform inspections and field audits of the substation maintenance and/or capital work performed.
• Ensure that a zero accident workplace message is delivered in a convincing manner on a regular basis.
• Interview hire, train, coach, and develop employees.
• Implement and deliver more efficient ways to perform the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience in the electric utility or a related industry.
• Completion of the Assistant Manager training program, or equivalent amount of directly related electrical or utility experience.
• Previous supervisory experience or completion of the Assistant Manager training program.
• Demonstrated management, administrative, supervisory and leadership skills.
• Must be flexible and available in responding to after-hour emergencies under short notice on any given day, at any given time. This includes responding to emergencies outside of normal work shift.
• Ability to lead, motivate and influence employees.
• Proficiency with computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets and mainframe applications.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must live within assigned work area as agreed upon by the hiring director in order to support daily and after hours operational issues.
• Ability to conduct business and work with employees while understanding that information acquired in this position is confidential and must be treated as such in all communications both internal and external.
• Travel may be required.
• Valid driver’s license is required.
• A minimum of five years experience in distribution operations, maintenance and construction.
• Thorough knowledge of labor agreements, accident prevention manuals, code requirements, personnel procedures, budgeting and general company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of electrical system construction, operation, and maintenance practices.
Req Id: 105170
Company Code: : PacifiCorp
Primary Location: SALT LAKE CITY
Department: Rocky Mountain Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $108,200 - $127,300
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance incentive bonus of up to 15.00% of salary.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp's policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.