Pacificorp Environmental Analyst (Assoc/Mid/Sr. Levels)- Salt Lake City, UT - #108594 in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Environmental Analyst (Assoc/Mid/Sr. Levels)- Salt Lake City, UT - #108594
Date: Nov 22, 2022
Location: SALT LAKE CITY, UT, US, 84116
JOIN OUR TEAM!
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Conducts analysis through research, gathering and interpretation of data, development of alternatives and recommendations. Presents analysis and recommendations to management and may implement selected alternative. Analyses include, but are not limited to, feasibility studies, cost/benefit analysis, trending/forecasting, financial analysis, budget analysis and reporting. Specifically, this position will provide professional level services for ensuring the company complies with regulatory requirements of Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), state and federal laws and regulations relating to hydropower, generation, or transmission operations.
Mid & Sr. Levels:
Conducts environmental compliance oversight of electric utility transmission, distribution, and substation construction and maintenance projects. Provides environmental support, training, and guidance related to utility operations and federal, state, and local environmental regulations. Specifically, this position will provide professional level services for ensuring the company complies with regulatory requirements related to NEPA, public lands, cultural resources, visual resources, biological resources, access roads, wetlands, TES species, sage-grouse, migratory birds, soil sampling, reclamation, mitigation, etc. Job duties include coordinating with Project Managers and other internal resources on potential environmental impacts of projects, procuring and overseeing consultants, ensuring regulatory compliance, creating and/or reviewing environmental documents, budgeting, project auditing and inspections, employee training, internal and agency reporting, and other related duties. Job requires a person with field experience, computer proficiency, and strong communication and organization skills.
The Responsibilities of the Associate analyst include:
• Monitor the performance of the operations and manage the interface with the external service providers.
• Monitor operational processes and perform analysis.
• Supervise external service providers, ensuring contract requirements are completed timely and accurately.
• Collect and analyze data.
• Adhere to local, state and federal guidelines and regulations.
• Ensure data collection
• Develop policy and processes to ensure accurate collection and analysis of data.
• Analyze and make recommendations to management regarding the budget.
• Monitor and analyze the budget to ensure actuals meet the target.
• Ensure that environmental data collection and reporting is carried out in accordance with company policy and state regulations.
• Provide accurate input into the budget process and contribute to meeting the actual targets.
The Responsibilities of the mid-level analyst include:
• Monitor environmental data collection and ensure that reporting is carried out in accordance with company policy and state regulations.
• Analyze financial analyses of environmental impacts on business operations.
• Analyze budget forecasts and actual performance of budgeted activities for assigned environmental services.
• Participate in trade associations and various task forces to assist in the development of environmental laws and regulations. .
• Provide environmental support to the thermal plants.
In addition, the responsibilities of the Sr. level analyst include:
• Provide technical leadership and support to Project Management, Operations and Right-of-Way staff.
• Perform complex environmental work requiring the considerable exercise of independent analysis and judgment in environmental services.
• Develop an improve methods and procedures to ensure appropriate regulatory and company compliance.
• Supervise consultants and contractors to ensure that obligations, requirements, and compliance are met. Ensure work is completed accurately, on time, and on budget.
• Implement company policies and procedures on environmental matters.
• Work as a liaison between regulatory agencies and other company departments.
• Manage environmental activities of consulting firms.
• Prepare budget forecasts and actual performance of budgeted activities for assigned environmental services.
• Provide technical input to assist in development of project planning.
• Monitor regulatory changes and update/refine internal procedures as needed.
• Assist with public scoping comments as applicable.
• Deliver training and education to operations staff and management.
• Ensure that environmental data collection and reporting is carried out in accordance with company policy and agency regulations.
• Collect data as needed and prepare internal and agency reports.
• Support company safety initiatives.
• Support company initiatives regarding sustainability and stewardship.
Requirements for the Associate level analyst include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Sciences, Environmental Sciences or Engineering; or the equivalent combination of related education and experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of environmental issues and the company’s business processes.
• Data gathering, analysis, interpretation, trending, forecasting, and modeling skills.
• Knowledge of data gathering, analysis, forecasting, and modeling techniques; applicable Company policies and procedures; applicable federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations.
• Proficient with the use of personal computers including spreadsheet, database, word processing, and presentation applications to gather, analyze, and model information.
• Communication and interpersonal skills including ability to consult with internal and external customers regarding matters/issues which may be sensitive in nature.
• Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds and ability to work as a member of a team.
• Ability to prioritize workload under pressure.
In addition, the requirements for the mid-level position include the following:
• A minimum of three years experience in environmental or regulatory matters.
• Working knowledge and understanding of environmental issues and the company’s business processes.
• Ability to present alternatives and recommendations.
In Addition, requirements of the Sr. Level position include:
A minimum of five years experience in environmental or regulatory matters.
Working knowledge of regulations related to natural resources and public lands, including NEPA, wetlands, cultural resources, TES, biological resources.
Advanced technical knowledge and understanding of environmental issues and the company’s business processes.
Experience in environmental management and reporting, including auditing and training.
Ability to develop and present training to appropriate field personnel.
Project management skills including project leadership, task identification, scheduling, and cost/expenditure identification.
Ability to travel as needed for project site visits, internal trainings, audits, and meetings
Specialized knowledge of natural resources issues related to the energy industry.
Req Id: 108594
Company Code: PacifiCorp
Primary Location: SALT LAKE CITY
Department: Rocky Mountain Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $72,500 - $112,700
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance incentive bonus of up to 12 - 15% of salary.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp's policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening