Pacificorp Eng/Operations Project Manager (Principal, Sr) Salt Lake City, UT (Remote work available) #109314 in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Eng/Operations Project Manager (Principal, Sr) Salt Lake City, UT (Remote work available) #109314
Date: May 16, 2023
Location: SALT LAKE CITY, UT, US, 84116
JOIN OUR TEAM
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Under minimal direction from the managing director (head of Project Management office), the director of engineering/operations (project management office), or a vice president, manages the initiation, planning, execution, and delivery of the Energy Gateway Program main grid transmission intra and inter-state additions, selected distribution, and generation interconnections for transmission and selected distribution customers, developers and stakeholders (i.e., government, regulatory, environmental, special interest) which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration. Manages the siting, permitting and delivery of transmission facilities through the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) requirements when constructing facilities on federal lands as well as the public involvement plan involving federal, state, local and other major stakeholders impacted by new transmission facilities. Responsible for the review of current processes and implementation of process improvements to support transmission and selected distribution and generation interconnect business strategies.
This position has the option of working remotely with a requirement to report to the office in Salt Lake City several times a month. Will consider individuals living in Utah, Idaho and Wyoming.
The successful candidate will be accountable for all project management responsibilities in the delivery of multiple high-risk large scale capital projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to design, financial, permitting, assembling and managing multifunctional matrixed project teams across business platforms. Responsibilities also include coordinating team efforts, assigning tasks, developing detailed project plans, project schedules and ensuring timelines are met.
• Manage the planning, design, and construction of multiple large scale capital projects (e.g. modifications/additions to facilities and infrastructure) under minimal supervision.
• Establish, track, and control project cost, scope, schedule, and risk to deliver assigned projects within their approved scope, budget, and schedule.
• Plan, schedule, and execute all phases of projects in accordance with project management processes, policies and guidelines, and corporate governance.
• Develop detailed project plans and ensure project scopes, team responsibilities, milestone dates, and the procurement strategy are clearly stated for all assigned projects.
• Develop project schedules in accordance with project objectives.
• Coordinate the development of conceptual and detailed designs.
• Develop and execute public involvement plan during the project permitting phase.
• Interface with external customers throughout the project life cycle.
• Establish responsibility for and manage the physical construction.
• Provide project progress reports to management and other stakeholders in accordance with an approved communication plan.
• Provide quality project cost forecasting over the life of the project.
• Coordinate with procurement to solicit external materials and services as required for project deliverables.
• Manage the bid process, and contracts for external engineering and construction services.
• Negotiate with vendors and contractors regarding work scope changes and ensure that all contract commitments are completed on time per the scope of work and technical specifications.
• Manage construction management team activities in conjunction with field operations.
• Interface with appropriate management levels including senior management to gain necessary approvals and manage risk in accordance with corporate governance.
• Coordinate the tracking, expediting, and completion of material and equipment orders.
• Responsible for interdepartmental communication for the project team.
• Responsible for delivery of internal and external project stakeholders’ expectations.
• Provide coaching to less experienced project managers, engineers and other project team members to assist in their career development.
In addition to the above, the Principal Project Manager responsibilities include:
• Manage all aspects of permitting, including environmental permitting, ensuring that all local, state and federal permitting requirements are met timely, within the project life cycle for the most complex, high-risk and politically sensitive capital projects from assignment to closeout and direct project teams to ensure all phases of projects meet cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
• Coordinate and direct the activities of as many as (20) internal departments including regulatory affairs, general counsel and customer & community affairs and as many as (15) external government and private agencies including Public Utility Commissions and other utilities in the process of delivering assigned projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in, Engineering, Construction Management or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Five years related professional experience.
• Proficient in project scheduling, cost controls, tracking and reporting methodologies.
• Knowledge of financial principles to quantify costs and benefits of projects and to track and maintain project budgets
• Proficient in the application of Project Management Institute project management techniques or equivalent
• Experience in managing vendors and contractors regarding work scope changes to ensure that all contract commitments are completed on time per applicable specifications
• Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated business management skills including consulting skills, customer service, and business acumen
• Interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate team efforts, provide guidance and direction to team members, and communicate project objectives, parameters, status, and outcomes to stakeholders
• Ability to analyze information, form conclusions and provide meaningful and creative solutions to non-typical business issues
• Demonstrated skill in motivating and influencing others as well as skills and experience in team building and conflict management
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
In addition to the above, the Principal Project Manager requirements include:
• Ten years related professional experience.
• Understanding of environmental regulations, National Environmental Protection Act, environmental impact statement, environmental assessment, State Historical Preservation Office, United States Army Corp of Engineers, etc.
• Highly skilled in motivating and influencing others, experience in team building and conflict management
• Seven years related professional experience.
• Master’s in Business Administration or advanced technical degree
• Current Professional Engineer License
• Project Management Professional certification by the Project Management Institute, or Advanced Project Management, or Program Management Certification
• Understanding of environmental regulations, National Environmental Protection Act, environmental impact statement, environmental assessment, State Historical Preservation Office, Army Corp of Engineers, etc.
• Knowledge of the Company’s business, policies, procedures, and practices
• Experience in the electric utility industry and applicable federal, state and local regulations
• Working knowledge of SAP in cost tracking and forecasting
• Working knowledge of Primavera scheduling or other project management software
• Experience in electric utility design and/or construction
Req Id: 109314
Company Code: Pacificorp
Primary Location: SALT LAKE CITY
Department: Rocky Mountain Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $95,800-$129,800
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. PacifiCorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.