Pacificorp Apprentice Estimator - Local 57 (Various Locations - UT & ID) - #110318 in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Apprentice Estimator - Local 57 (Various Locations - UT & ID) - #110318
Date: May 30, 2023
Location: SALT LAKE CITY, UT, US, 84116
JOIN OUR TEAM!
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Positions to be located in:
- Shelley, ID; Smithfield, UT; Richfield, UT; SLC Metro, UT; American Fork, UT
The apprenticeship is a 42 month program to train and test to become a Journeyman Estimator. Location is for training only.
During the apprenticeship and while under the guidance of a journeyman estimator, this employee will represent the company when meeting with customers to determine customer load requirements and advise customers of the company's service requirements. They will gain a basic knowledge of available marketing programs and other associated company programs to serve the customer's needs. They will become qualified to perform all estimating functions related to building, re-building and maintaining company electric facilities. They shall have basic knowledge of electrical theory and practical and detailed knowledge of construction specifications, electrical codes, rates and tariff policies. Typical duties are to meet with new customers, document correspondence and work assignments per Customer Guarantees procedures, prepare right-of-way easements, make field surveys; process crossing permits, construction design, expenditure requisitions and supporting documentation. The apprentice may assist in load studies, construction planning, budget preparation and other duties as assigned.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• A high school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Possess a current Driver's License.
• Must have received a passing score of 5 or higher on the NJATC examination. For more information, visit the link here for our Apprenticeships and NJATC exam information. website: Electrical Aptitude Test (pacificorp.com)
• Must perform a skills evaluation, consisting of both computer and written assessments, to be administered by PacifiCorp.
• Individuals who pass the skills evaluation must also successfully pass the interview and rating phase.
• Once selected for the candidate list, applicants must pass a company-paid physical, drug screen and background check, which is processed after a job offer is extended and accepted.
• This position requires a post-offer, pre-placement physical capacity screening, conducted by a licensed physical therapist, to assure the candidate meets the physical demands of the job. The screening will assess only the identified physical demands of the job being applied for.
Physical Demands - Apprentice Estimator:
The job duties of Apprentice Estimator require lifting in excess of 25 lbs from floor to waist and waist to overhead, carrying in excess of 25 lbs with both hands, and pushing and pulling in excess of 100 lbs of exertion force. Also, require sustained, awkward positions/postures including bending and twisting at the waist and neck; reaching forward, to the side, across the body and overhead. Additional requirements of positions include forceful grip and pinch; manipulation of small objects; balancing on one or both legs during dynamic activities; manipulation of large objects during activities requiring balance and sustained awkward postures.
Req Id: 110318
Company Code: PacifiCorp
Primary Location: SALT LAKE CITY
Department: Rocky Mountain Power
Personnel Subarea: Non-Exempt
Hiring Range: $38.86
Benefits: Health care, retirement, paid time off, tuition assistance, paid short-term and long-term disability, paid bereavement leave. For more information, please visit: https://careers.pacificorp.com/content/New-Benefits-Page/?locale=en_US
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. PacifiCorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.