Spire Energy Lead, Supplier Management (St. Louis, MO) in Saint Louis, Missouri
Lead, Supplier Management (St. Louis, MO)
Apply now »
Date: May 1, 2023
Location: Saint Louis, MO, US, 63101
Company: Spire Inc.
At Spire, we believe energy exists to help people. To enrich their lives, grow their businesses, advance their communities. It’s a simple idea, but one that’s at the heart of our business. We’re dedicated to understanding our customers’ needs and goals to better serve them today and tomorrow. That’s why we’re always looking for driven, collaborative people to join our team. Because we believe that offering our customers the best service means bringing together the best people.
We value safety, inclusion, and integrity. We connect to people, get the job done, and leave a memory and everything about our culture comes back to one thing: a handshake at the front door. We have 4 essential behaviors that show how the Spire culture comes to life:
Living Spire (Essential Behaviors)
We Collaborate: We reach across boundaries to connect with each other and deliver on our promises. We put teamwork first, knowing that our collective energy makes us stronger.
We Care: We create good memories by treating people how we want to be treated: We are inclusive, respectful and kind. We actively create a caring culture that feels like a handshake at the front door.
We Advance: We are active learners who never stop looking for ways to innovate and improve ourselves, and our company. We embrace ongoing development and process improvement with passion and tenacity.
We Have Perspective: We strive to gain additional perspective about Spire’s business and the ever-changing energy industry. We know that every employee plays an important role in Spire’s success, and we give our best to better understand how to help move the company forward.
Spire is searching for an experienced Lead, Supplier Management professional to help build, operationalize, market, and gain adoption of supplier management processes, tools, and assets across Spire. This individual will work collaboratively with key stakeholders in Legal, Finance, numerous business unit teams, Infosec, Internal Audit, sourcing, and procurement to propagate a supplier risk/performance/relationship management program at the enterprise level. This includes helping to drive the strategy, roadmap of projects, reporting, policies and metrics throughout the supplier lifecycle. They will partner with the Director, supplier management and supplier diversity to deliver significant financial impact, capacity creation, progressive thought leadership, stakeholder outreach and engagement, training, governance, insights, and excellent customer service. This role requires someone who thrives in a changing organization using lightweight processes, creative ideas and quick iteration to make a significant impact. This individual will influence account management strategies, build and maintain performance management tool kits, and develop/implement risk mitigation plans for the assigned key supplier relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead the ongoing analysis, strategy development, roadmap, optimization efforts, objective development, and reporting for assigned category of spend and suppliers.
• Develop the supplier management long-term vision, strategy and roadmap for assigned category of spend and suppliers, while operationalizing and executing on the supplier management program's goals and objectives in order to establish a center of excellence (COE) for supplier risk, performance and relationship management.
• Analyze and synthesize data from a variety of sources to help identify trends and opportunities, understand strategic risks and opportunities, help develop and evaluate potential opportunities and the cost to achieve
• Develop a strategy for the assigned category and collaborate with a team of employees dedicated to delivering impact, supplier management best practices, robust technology tools, efficient processes, effective training, clear communication, and excellent customer service to business partners and stakeholders across the company
• Develop strong collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders to gain adoption of standardized supplier management processes, such as supplier performance management, recurring business review, risk assessments and risk mitigation planning/monitoring, supplier 360 relationship management, etc.
• Joint ownership of all supplier management KPIs and KRIs for the assigned category of spend and suppliers.
• Educate business partners to drive awareness and understanding of the supplier management program.
• Understand and incorporate the stakeholders’ business and objectives and deliver strategies to enable success
• Develop and deliver training and communications on policies, processes and tools to stakeholders across the company.
• Identify and share best practices to drive standardization and efficiency across enterprise supplier management teams.
• Generate significant accomplishments and capacity creation by building and leading programs to address supply management issues, drive collaboration, and facilitate solutions.
• Develop executive presentations and briefs.
Essential Characteristics and Competencies
Expertise in supplier risk management, sourcing strategy, supply base optimization, regulatory environment knowledge, information security, and how these topics impact a company and its business plans and operations
Persistent and highly skilled negotiator and communicator with the ability drive consensus with diverse group team
Leadership experience in developing and evaluating risk and performance analytics (e.g., KRIs, KPIs) with experience drawing intelligence from raw data
Experience flourishing and influencing others in collaborative environment
Skilled relationship development/management and influencing skills
Organizational skills and attention to detail in a changing environment
Documentation and presentation development and delivery skills at all levels of an organization
Demonstrated project and process management skills, with expertise handling multiple suppliers, projects and tasks at one time
Documentation and presentation development and delivery skills
Project and process management skills, with expertise handling multiple suppliers, projects and tasks
Required Education (certifications, licenses)
B.S. in supply chain, materials management, business administration, finance, accounting or equivalent work experience.
Sourcing and/or procurement certification such as CPSM, CPIM, APICS, or equivalent
Data analytics certifications or designations preferred
Required knowledge, skill and abilities
5+ years’ experience in supplier management or third-party risk management
3+ years’ of progressive experience in procurement, sourcing, contracts and negotiation focused in one of the following categories: pipeline construction and equipment, MRO, information technology, professional services, or corporate services.
2 or more years’ experience analyzing, reporting and, visualizing data
2+ years’ experience leading change
Advanced capabilities using Tableau, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Strong analytical and presentation development skill
Project management experience or certification and/or or equivalent preferred.
Physical demands, environment and schedule
Some travel required up to 25% depending on strategic initiatives, implementation efforts, and negotiations.
Work is normally performed in a shared, open-office environment with the option to work from home up to two days per week.
May require some work during nonstandard business hours
Hybrid office/home schedule available
We Have Perspective
Spire accepts online applications through our career site at jobs.spireenergy.com
Posting requirements: The above posting description is intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Spire, Inc., and its subsidiaries are Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please view our Integrity and Inclusion pages of our career site
Job Location: St Louis Job Segment: Relationship Manager, Internal Audit, Information Security, Risk Management, Project Manager, Customer Service, Finance, Technology
Apply now »
Find similar jobs: