Spire Energy Lead Developer, Customer Facing Apps- CX in Saint Louis, Missouri
Lead Developer, Customer Facing Apps- CX
Apply now »
Date: Nov 10, 2022
Location: Saint Louis, MO, US, 63101
Company: Spire Inc.
At Spire, we believe energy exists to help people. To enrich their lives, grow their businesses, advance their communities. It’s a simple idea, but one that’s at the heart of our business. We’re dedicated to understanding our customers’ needs and goals to better serve them today and tomorrow. That’s why we’re always looking for driven, collaborative people to join our team. Because we believe that offering our customers the best service means bringing together the best people.
We value safety, inclusion, and integrity. We connect to people, get the job done, and leave a memory and everything about our culture comes back to one thing: a handshake at the front door. We have 4 essential behaviors that show how the Spire culture comes to life:
Living Spire Behaviors
• We Collaborate: We reach across boundaries to connect with each other and deliver on our promises. We put teamwork first, knowing that our collective energy makes us stronger.
• We Care: We create good memories by treating people how we want to be treated: We are inclusive, respectful and kind. We actively create a caring culture that feels like a handshake at the front door.
• We Advance: We are active learners who never stop looking for ways to innovate and improve ourselves, and our company. We embrace ongoing development and process improvement with passion and tenacity.
• We Have Perspective: We strive to gain additional perspective about Spire’s business and the ever-changing energy industry. We know that every employee plays an important role in Spire’s success, and we give our best to better understand how to help move the company forward.
Spire is seeking a Lead Developer, Customer Facing Applications to work in the St. Louis or Birmingham office. This position will focus on providing the necessary analysis and design tasks related to managing the development of technology solutions to ensure these solutions meet business needs and align with enterprise architectural governance and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support, maintain, and develop for Utility applications such as, but not limited to Click, Salesforce, CRM, CCB and portal applications. Primary focus on Click and Salesforce Field Services
• Responds, when required, to triage production issues related to the Utility related modules such as Click, Salesforce, CCB, Fusion, and Maximo and adhere to Service Level Agreement set forth
• Influence building quality practices into development team
• Prepares technical design documents based on the business requirements enhancements
• Review and approve technical designs from development team
• Conduct technical workshops with PO/PM's across the App Delivery teams, and when necessary, business stakeholders
• Ensure execution of overall ITS solution strategy, standards and practices
• Oversees standards of development
• Oversee teams on technical work (upgrades, patches, etc)
• Effectively collaborate within your specific team, as well as across agile teams to ensure alignment in dependencies, and how each team’s work impacts your own
• Supports integration of Utility applications with various modules of E-Business Suite such as Fusion middleware, Maximo, CCB, Salesforce Marketing, ADP, and other third-party applications
• Oversee and influence built-in quality, partnering with Quality Assurance, as it pertains to unit/developer testing
• Identifies and supports performance improvement activities using software tools
• Accountable for development and updating of technical documentation, ensuring team does as well
• Fully imbedded in development teams, and participates in all ceremonies and planning, focused on acceptance criteria that is clear, precise, and testable
• Accepts work into the team backlog and owns the commitment related to what has been laid out to be completed each PI
• Contributes fully to meeting the overall team and PI objectives, while also giving feedback when necessary to Product owners and/or Scrum masters, including areas of risk and impediments that are encountered
Essential Characteristics and Competencies
• Demonstrate servant leader mindset
• Deep understanding of Agile values and principles and the ability to translate that knowledge to practices
• Demonstrate Lean-Agile thinking
• Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, and trust across the team
• Ability to teach and mentor
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines as well as adapt in a fast moving, changing culture
• Support and encourage Agile quality practices such as pair programming, peer review, etc.
• Aptitude and ability to analyze and understand system technologies and how they relate to business processes
• Ability to recognize problems and respond, systematically gather information, sort through complex issues, understand consequences of decisions, provides recommendation and seeks input from leadership
• Strong understanding of On-Premise, Cloud, SAAS implementation and AWS Services and Infrastructure
• Ability to develop for maintainability, scalability, and overall system performance
• Understand, support, and influence DevOps Migration process, outline by architects
• Demonstrate forward thinking, leading process improvement and innovation
• No direct supervision in this role; however indirect leadership and influence on technical team required
Required Education (certifications, licenses)
• Bachelor’s degree - Computer Science, Information Technology, or Technical Engineering preferred
• SAFe certification(s) a plus
Required knowledge, skill and abilities
Bachelor's degree - Computer Science, Information Technology or Technical Engineering preferred
Sound knowledge about code repository tools such as Gitlab or Github
7+ years' experience working on cross-functional, cross-geographical integrated systems and projects
5+ years of related work experience playing an active leadership role in technology delivery and business analysis
Extensive experience in writing technical designs
Experience with MS SQL Server
3+ years working in an agile environment a plus
7+ years of CCB/JAVA and other customer facing application development
3+ years of experience using Eclipse and Java Development Kit
5+ years working with Oracle JDeveloper
Physical demands, environment and schedule
Hybrid Remote/Office environment
Work performed primarily during business hours, with off-hours support required at times to respond to critical production issues, on call requirements, and implementations
Some Travel may be required as ITS and teams are disparate across locations (primarily St. Louis and Birmingham)
We Have Perspective
Spire accepts online applications through our career site at jobs.spireenergy.com
Posting requirements: The above posting description is intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Spire, Inc., and its subsidiaries are Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please view our Integrity and Inclusion pages of our career site.
Job Location: St Louis Job Segment: Computer Science, Application Developer, Developer, Business Analyst, Cloud, Technology
Apply now »
Find similar jobs: