Spire Energy Intern, Pipeline Safety Compliance in Saint Louis, Missouri
Intern, Pipeline Safety Compliance
Apply now »
Date: Nov 17, 2023
Location: Saint Louis, MO, US, 63101
Company: Spire Inc.
At Spire, we believe energy exists to help people. To enrich their lives, grow their businesses, advance their communities. It’s a simple idea, but one that’s at the heart of our business. We’re dedicated to understanding our customers’ needs and goals to better serve them today and tomorrow. That’s why we’re always looking for driven, collaborative people to join our team. Because we believe that offering our customers the best service means bringing together the best people.
And we find the best by hiring those who share our values of safety, inclusion and integrity, and demonstrate our four essential behaviors that bring the Spire culture to life:
• We make it happen: We are a company of go-getters, acting on every opportunity to help our company advance.
• We seek out perspective: We challenge ourselves to be open to different ways of doing things, because learning from each other leads to breakthroughs.
• We collaborate: We put teamwork first, bringing in everyone’s ideas, because our collective energy makes us stronger.
• We care: We treat people how we want to be treated, listening closely and doing what’s right, even when it’s hard
By living our values and behaviors every day, we strive to create an environment where every employee feels welcome, respected and valued.
Spire is seeking a Pipeline Safety Compliance Intern in St. Louis or Kansas City, MO. We seek an enthusiastic, career minded student or recent graduate to join our operations. Our paid internship position affords students the opportunity to learn and be mentored. As an Intern, you may complete various projects and perform administrative duties while developing skills related to the assigned department and the natural gas industry
Duties and Responsibilities
• Acquire knowledge of state and federal requirements affecting natural gas companies
• Support data analysis and reporting required for regulatory audits, pipeline system component maintenance and quality assurance activities
• Participate in field audits of pipeline construction and other field activities
• Review impact of proposed pipeline safety regulations on company operations
• Develop recommendations for process improvements
• All other duties as assigned
Essential Characteristics and Competencies
• Ability to demonstrate and master the core and job category competencies
• Ability to lead by example in support of the Company’s essential characteristics and values: strong ethics and integrity, dedication to a safe work environment, commitment to a diverse workforce that recognizes and respects every individual’s unique skill and perspective
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to adapt in a fast-moving and changing culture
• Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build and establish rapport with a diverse array of people
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively to meet individual goals and deadlines
• Ability to work as part of a team and display a positive attitude for this dynamic environment
Required Education (certifications, licenses)
• Currently enrolled as a full-time student and will be a Junior, Senior, or master’s level student in Fall 2024
• Major in civil, chemical, industrial or mechanical engineering
• Cumulative GPA 3.0 or above
Required knowledge, skill and abilities
• Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
Physical demands, environment and schedule
• Will involve both office and field environments including uneven terrain, inclement weather, and large equipment. Some travel may be required.
• We accept online applications through our career site at jobs.spireenergy.com
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Spire Inc., and its subsidiaries are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Job Location: St Louis Job Segment: Pipeline, Quality Assurance, Mechanical Engineer, Compliance, Engineer, Energy, Engineering, Technology, Legal
Apply now »
Find similar jobs: