Spire Energy DevOps Team Lead Engineer in Saint Louis, Missouri
DevOps Team Lead Engineer
Apply now »
Date: Feb 5, 2023
Location: Saint Louis, MO, US, 63101 Birmingham, AL, US, 35203
Company: Spire Inc.
At Spire, we believe energy exists to help people. To enrich their lives, grow their businesses, advance their communities. It’s a simple idea, but one that’s at the heart of our business. We’re dedicated to understanding our customers’ needs and goals to better serve them today and tomorrow. That’s why we’re always looking for driven, collaborative people to join our team. Because we believe that offering our customers the best service means bringing together the best people.
We value safety, inclusion, and integrity. We connect to people, get the job done, and leave a memory and everything about our culture comes back to one thing: a handshake at the front door. We have 4 essential behaviors that show how the Spire culture comes to life:
Living Spire Behaviors
• We Collaborate: We reach across boundaries to connect with each other and deliver on our promises. We put teamwork first, knowing that our collective energy makes us stronger.
• We Care: We create good memories by treating people how we want to be treated: We are inclusive, respectful and kind. We actively create a caring culture that feels like a handshake at the front door.
• We Advance: We are active learners who never stop looking for ways to innovate and improve ourselves, and our company. We embrace ongoing development and process improvement with passion and tenacity.
• We Have Perspective: We strive to gain additional perspective about Spire’s business and the ever-changing energy industry. We know that every employee plays an important role in Spire’s success, and we give our best to better understand how to help move the company forward.
Spire is seeking a Team Lead, DevOps Engineer to oversee Spire’s evolution in the DevOps journey. This role will be primarily responsible for providing oversight and guidance within a team of specialized DevOps Engineers to enhance, mature, and support a wide range of applications that enable Spire’s critical business processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Understands and supports critical applications in Enterprise landscape - including but not limited to Oracle EBS, Customer Care & Billing, Maximo, Powerplan, Hyperion, Endur, and Click
• Leads and oversee migration standards within shared services group, partnering with leadership and Architects to execute on vision
• Leads team in release management, and application migrations within specialized area
• Oversee and influence built-in quality, partnering with Quality Assurance, as it pertains to unit/developer testing
• Responsible for monitoring performance issues, identifying and executing on long-term solutions
• Responds, when required, to triage production issues related to integrations or scheduling operations and follow Service Level Agreement set forth
• Fully imbedded in development team, and participates in all ceremonies and planning, focused on acceptance criteria that is clear, precise, and testable
• Accepts work into the team backlog and owns the commitment related to what has been laid out to be completed each PI.
• Partner with architects to understand technical landscape, as well as future roadmap to support middleware operations
• Accountable for development and updating of technical documentation
• Ensure execution of overall ITS solution strategy, standards, and practices
• Effectively collaborate within your specific team, as well as across agile teams to ensure alignment in dependencies, and how each team’s work impacts your own
• Responsible for monitoring performance issues, identifying and executing on long-term solutions to improve up-time
• Responsible for optimizing, enhancing, and supporting cybersecurity protocols as it relates to the shared service application suite
• Accountable for application health and version control across all non-prod environments
Essential Characteristics and Competencies
• Demonstrate servant leader mindset
• Ability to teach and mentor, fostering an environment of continuous learning and progress
• Excellent understanding of software development life cycles
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, and trust across the ART
• Ability to recognize problems and respond, systematically gather information, sort through complex issues, understand consequences of decisions, provides recommendation, and seeks input from leadership
• Technical and general supervision of specialized application engineers
Required Education (certifications, licenses)
• Bachelor’s degree - Computer Science, Information Technology, or Technical Engineering preferred
• SAFe certification(s) a plus
Required knowledge, skill and abilities
• 7+ years of Weblogic and/or Websphere experience preferred
• 5+ years of related work experience playing an active leadership role in technology delivery and business analysis
• Understanding of enterprise applications, functionality, and end to end processes, preferred but not required, in specialized application support stream (i.e Customer Facing or Internal Core Apps)
• Experience with multi-tier JEE environments
• Oracle Web Center Content experience is preferred
• Strong knowledge in Oracle fundamentals
• Experience in Oracle RAC
• Experience with Linux and Windows Operation Systems
• Prior people leadership experience a plus, but not required
• Experience developing in an agile environment a plus
• Excellent understanding of the Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) approach
• Excellent proficiency in SQL, SQL-Plus, and CRON coding knowledge and experience
• Integration services, server Administrator, Reporting Services, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Database developer, T-SQL, Clustering, and Replication
• In depth understanding of Oracle database structures, theories, principles and practices, including but not limited to the creation and definition of database, database recovery procedures, and database product installation
• Strong analytical skills/capabilities to solve complicated issues arising during design and testing phases
Physical demands, environment and schedule
• Hybrid Remote/Office environment
• Work performed primarily during business hours, with off-hours support required at times
• Some travel may be required as ITS and teams are disparate across locations (primarily St. Louis and Birmingham)
We Have Perspective
Spire accepts online applications through our career site at jobs.spireenergy.com
Posting requirements: The above posting description is intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Spire, Inc., and its subsidiaries are Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please view our Integrity and Inclusion pages of our career site.
Job Location: St Louis Job Segment: Engineering Manager, Manager, Oracle, Database, Testing, Engineering, Management, Technology
Apply now »
Find similar jobs: