Spire Energy Auditor in Saint Louis, Missouri
Apply now »
Date: Dec 22, 2020
Saint Louis, MO, US, 63101
Company: Spire Inc.
At Spire, we believe energy exists to help people. To enrich their lives, grow their businesses, advance their communities. It’s a simple idea, but one that’s at the heart of our business. We’re dedicated to understanding our customers’ needs and goals to better serve them today and tomorrow. That’s why we’re always looking for driven, collaborative people to join our team. Because we believe that offering our customers the best service means bringing together the best people.
We value safety, inclusion, and integrity. We connect to people, get the job done, and leave a memory and everything about our culture comes back to one thing: a handshake at the front door. We have 4 essential behaviors that show how the Spire culture comes to life:
Living Spire Behaviors
We Collaborate: We reach across boundaries to connect with each other and deliver on our promises. We put teamwork first, knowing that our collective energy makes us stronger. We Care: We create good memories by treating people how we want to be treated: We are inclusive, respectful and kind. We actively create a caring culture that feels like a handshake at the front door. We Advance: We are active learners who never stop looking for ways to innovate and improve ourselves, and our company. We embrace ongoing development and process improvement with passion and tenacity. We Have Perspective: We strive to gain additional perspective about Spire’s business and the ever-changing energy industry. We know that every employee plays an important role in Spire’s success, and we give our best to better understand how to help move the company forward.
Spire is seeking an Auditor. This position will be responsible for providing an objective and independent evaluation of risks, assessing the internal control environment and recommending improvements Spire’s operations. This is accomplished by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to analyze, evaluate and make recommendations to improve the effectiveness of risk management, governance processes and internal controls.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct SOX, operational, financial, and compliance audits, consultative reviews and/or special investigations per the annual IA Work Plan within the timeframe allotted with some assistance from a Senior Auditor or Audit Manager. • Prepare process narratives or flow charts with key controls identified. • Evaluate and test design and operating effectiveness of internal controls. • Perform internal control and audit test work in accordance with the IIA’s IPPFs. • Ensure audit issues are well defined and root causes are identified. • Prepare and submit reports or audit findings recommending changes or improvements in policies and procedures where necessary. • Develop and maintain relationships with personnel throughout the organization to ensure the understanding and acceptance of audit issues relating to business risks and controls. • Perform complex data analysis. • Monitor and follow up on all open issues. • All other duties as assigned.
Essential Characteristics and Competencies
• Ability to lead by example in support of the Company’s essential characteristics and values: strong ethics and integrity, dedication to a safe work environment, commitment to a diverse workforce that recognizes and respects every individual’s unique skills and perspectives • Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines • Ability to adapt in a fast-moving and changing culture • Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build and establish rapport with a diverse array of people • Ability to work independently and manage time effectively to meet individual goals and deadlines • Ability to work as part of a team and display a positive attitude for this dynamic environment
Required Education (certifications, licenses)
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a business-related field required • CIA and/or CPA, or working towards achieving the certification
Required knowledge, skill and abilities
• One+ years of experience in public accounting, internal audit or similar field is preferred • Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles • Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel • Familiarity with COSO Internal Control Framework, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, the IIA’s IPPF’s and PCAOB auditing standards • Able to quickly learn new processes and tasks • Strong critical thinking skills • Strong analytical skills • Attention to detail • Good verbal and written communication skills • Ability to use a personal computer and spreadsheet applications • Ability to meet strict deadlines
Physical demands, environment and schedule
• Normal Work Environment – Work is normally performed in a shared office environment. • Typically, 8 hours a day, Monday through Friday. Overtime and/or travel may be required. • Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
We Have Perspective
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Posting requirements: The above posting description is intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Spire, Inc., and its subsidiaries are Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please view our Integrity and Inclusion pages of our career site.
Job Location: St Louis
Job Segment: Audit, Risk Management, Internal Audit, Business Process, CPA, Finance, Management
Apply now »
Find similar jobs: