MasTec Utility Services Compliance Construction Manager_SEF in Sacramento, California
SEFNCO is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. MasTec – Utility Services' activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At Sefnco you’ll be joining a family, where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, SEFNCO offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
SEFNCO is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. MOS Codes 25W and 12H relate well to this position.
SEFNCO Communications gives you the opportunity to become a part of an engaging and growing industry. As a Compliance Construction Manager, you will have the opportunity to utilize your skill set, work in a safety-minded environment, and join us in expanding technology for a better community.
SEFNCO Communications takes great pride in providing engineering, construction, and design and management solutions that meet the growing telecommunications needs throughout the United States. Join our fast growing team of professionals and help us provide the highest level of quality service to our customers and communities while maintaining our commitment to safety! Make it Safe, Make it Personal, Make it Home.
We are currently seeking a Compliance Construction Manager to join our dynamic team supporting a major telecommunications infrastructure project.
The Compliance Construction Manager supports the General Manager and is responsible for execution of all assigned project work in accordance with contractual obligations, design specifications, industry standards, permits, schedule and all regulatory guidelines. Ensuring the safety of the public and the work force is a primary responsibility of the Compliance Construction Manager.
This member of the management team will help define the means and methods for project delivery, network integration needs, will validate overall path planning and will coordinate and share field intelligence with both engineering and program management teams. Team building and motivation constitutes a major aspect of successful performance on this project, and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated similar victories on recent prior projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Project walkouts to ensure design is feasible and efficient;
• Project research for projects to include:
o Develop site plan and images;
o List of site assets;
o Define labor and materials for project;
o Permitting needs;
o Infrastructure and Node or plant connection points;
o Locate service needed;
o City, County and State requirements or restrictions;
• Manage and lead a team that includes MasTec employees and subcontractors.
• Develop project timelines, associated schedule to support the overall Program level goals.
• Manage and progress track against those schedules.
• Lead weekly meetings with the client and the project team.
• Development of work packet to include project detail, maps, images and supporting files for review by other functional project team members;
• Network and asset knowledge and planning to include aerial and underground project labor and materials as defined by the Client;
• Responsible for ensuring company standard safety practices;
• Safety violation enforcement and disciplinary action reviews;
• Will take the lead in Safety training and compliance;
• Provides specialized technical expertise in support of the Quality program, including specialized inspection and testing techniques, quality training, statistical methods, audits, quality tools for problem solving and assessment;
• Implements principles of performance evaluation in collaboration with the PMO and the Client;
• Full responsibility for collection of data deliverables from the field to the Client.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related Engineering discipline preferred or equivalent combination of experience and education:
• 15 years of relevant supervisory and leadership experience on complex major telecommunications projects:
• Strong working knowledge of site analysis, permitting and approvals, budget control, estimating, project scheduling and construction coordination;
• Excellent ability to communicate orally and in writing;
• Excellent customer and Client service skills;
• Strong capabilities in analysis and problem solving;
• Must be enthusiastic and driven to excellence;
• A strong team builder with the ability to motivate others to strive for and exceed project obligations and expectations;
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff and a strong understanding of the entire corporate utility infrastructure functions from planning to delivery;
• Understanding drawings, permits and specifications relevant to the fiber, cellular, and/or cable industry;
• Computer literate, knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power point) and Adobe.
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan.
Sefnco, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Senfco’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Title: Compliance Construction ManagerSEF_
Requisition ID: 35884