Con Edison Energy Service Rep L1-2, Energy Services BW New Bus Rtail Svcs in Rye, New York
Energy Service Rep L1-2, Energy Services BW New Bus Rtail Svcs
Posting Expiration Date: Jun 22, 2023
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: $43.87
Maximum Salary: $43.87
Organization: Engineering & Planning
Department: Energy Svcs Bronx/Westchester
Section: ENG PLAN BW New Bus Rtail Svcs
Location: NY-Rye-Rye Headquarters
Steam Organization, Operating Mechanic A L1-2, Operations (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/12746361-operating-mechanic-a-l1-2)
Stock Handler L3
Mechanic B L1-2, STO - Transmission Ops, Underground Transmission (WELDING) (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/12614846-mechanic-b-l1-2)
Jr Electrical Technician L1-2
Electrical Technician L1-2, Distribution Engineering Distr Equipment (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/12608431-electrical-technician-l1-2)
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Selected applicants will be required to utilize a laptop computer or tablet while working in the field.
The applicant will be required to answer phones and use a computer for prolonged periods of time.
Must have the ability to interact with customers over the phone, in person, as well as other avenues of contact in a responsive, productive, and professional manner.
Selected applicants must have excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills and must be proficient in writing reports, letters, and e-mails that are comprehensive and concise.
Demonstrate knowledge of electric, gas, or steam theory.
Selected applicants must demonstrate experience in reading and interpreting maps, plans, and prints, or preparing sketches.
Demonstrate job experience in the installation of electric or gas services, or other gas or electric field experience.
The position you applied for requires a demonstrated ability to operate a motor vehicle safely.
A valid driver's license and use of personal vehicle for company business are required. Candidate must have a HS Diploma or GED.
Must have a working knowledge of computers and computer based programs such as CIS, CPMS, Microsoft Word, and Excel. PowerPoint is a plus.
The successful candidates will need to provide outstanding service in every customer encounter and be an effective communicator.
If you accept a job offer in association with this posting, you will be assigned to any of the operating areas of Energy Services within Rye.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Knowledge of meters and meter installations, service rates and billing procedures is preferred
Relevant Work Experience
Demonstrate knowledge of electric, gas, or steam theory. Required
Demonstrate job experience in the installation of electric or gas services, or other gas or electric field experience. Required
Must demonstrate organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
Applicants must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills. Required
Demonstrate ability to write comprehensive and concise reports, letters, and e-mails. Required
Applicants must demonstrate the ability to manage work effectively without close supervision. Required
Must demonstrate working knowledge of computers and computer based programs such as CPMS, CIS, WMS, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Required
Must demonstrate the ability to interact with customers using a responsive and professional manner by phone, in person, and in writing. Required
The successful candidates will need to provide outstanding service in every customer encounter and be an effective communicator. Required
Selected applicants will be required to utilize a laptop computer while working in the field. Required
A valid driver's license and use of personal vehicle for company business are required. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.