Pacific Gas & Electric Company Utility Worker - GC (IBEW) Rocklin in Rocklin, California
Requisition ID # 15770
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : Rocklin
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
We are looking for an energetic and career oriented individual to join our Energy Delivery, Gas Transmission & Distribution General Construction team. The Utility Worker position is an entry level position with advancement opportunities for motivated individuals who perform successfully. Work is predominantly outdoors and in all weather conditions. The individual must be able to drive safely, work extended hours; travel/transfer to new headquarter upon request at any time, and wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment. This is an IBEW Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E and is subject to collective bargaining. In addition, it is a Department of Transportation covered classification and is subject to random drug screening.
This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.
• Must work safely at all times as defined by PG&E’s safety standards and procedures.
• Follow the direction of their journeyman, crew lead and/or supervisor at all times.
• Must be able to read and comply with all required company standards and procedures.
• Must work in a team environment.
• Must be able to obtain a Class A Driver’s License within 12 months.
• Hand excavate in an ergonomically safe manner.
• Load and unload equipment, material, job site debris and maintain housekeeping according to PG&E’s safety standards and procedures.
• Perform construction and maintenance on gas lines and underground electric infrastructure.
• Maintain tools and equipment.
• May be required to perform traffic control functions under the direction of a Gas Crew Leader.
• Ability to pass a medical assessment to wear respirator protection as needed when working around gaseous or hazardous atmosphere.
• Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees on how long you will be assigned away from your base headquarters.
• Contribute toward Gas Safety Excellence goals by improving safety, reliability and
affordability for one or more asset families and one or more life cycles.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must possess a High School diploma or GED.
Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Must pass Post-Offer Physical Assessment as a requirement of the pre-employment process.
Internal PG&E employees: Must have qualified on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) exam and Work Orientation Inventory Test (WOI), prior to applying for the position.
External and Hiring Hall Candidates: Must qualify on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) exam and Work Orientation Inventory Test (WOI), prior to interviewing.
Must be able to lift and maneuver up to 90 pounds.
Must pass Utility Worker Training course, which takes place for approx. 15 business days, during the first three weeks of employment.
Ability to work extended hours to include nights, weekends and holidays when required.
Internal PG&E Employees:
Must possess and maintain a valid Class C California Driver's License (or higher) by Day 1 of hire
Must possess and maintain a valid Class A California Driver's License Permit by within 3 months of hire
External and Hiring Hall Candidates:
Must possess and maintain a valid Class A California Driver's License Permit by Day 1 of hire
Must possess and maintain a valid DMV Medical Card by Day 1 of hire
Ability to work in all types of weather extremes.
Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions.
- Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees on how long you will be assigned away from your base headquarters.
• Previous experience in construction such as Underground Utility, Trenching Equipment, Welding, Carpentry, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Farm Ranch Hand and/or Landscaping.
• Previous Military experience.
• Graduation from a PowerPathway® Program is preferred.
• Current or past work experience with PG&E and/or Hiring Hall.
• To better represent the communities we serve within a timely manner, applicants who live within 50 miles of the headquarter location will be given preference