Pacific Gas & Electric Company Electric Contract Specialist (San Ramon/Rocklin/Clovis) in Rocklin, California
Requisition ID # 13255
Job Category : Business Operations / Strategy; Legal; Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : Rocklin
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Contract Specialist is responsible for administering civil and electrical construction contracts
for all aspects of work within Transmission Operations. The Specialist is responsible for the
procurement of civil and electrical transmission line/substation construction, engineering, and
consulting services to achieve the highest safety level and best value for internal clients, in
accordance with company policies and procedures.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 3 years of combined experience in construction, utilities or procurement.
• Familiar with electrical and civil construction.
• Familiar with PG&E Contractor Safety Program, insurance review/approval process, contractor’s license requirements/verification, union contracting requirements, ISNetworld, and Gold Shovel.
• Demonstrated ability to work and interact with diverse groups of people (internal and external), ability to gather and assimilate information from large groups of people, and ability to communicate effectively and professionally with people.
• Electric Utility experience preferred.
• Proficient in Excel and Word.
• Under limited supervision, prepares CWA’s and other contracts. Prepares Contract Change Orders from Field Change order summaries.
• Manages contractor relationships to continually improve quality, service and cost.
• Conducts negotiations with contractor and service providers to obtain favorable commercial terms and mitigate risk.
• Works with legal to gain approval for contracts that meet review requirements.