Avangrid Transmission Planning (All Levels) in Rochester, New York
Transmission Planning (All Levels)
Company: AVANGRID SERVICE COMPANY
Rochester, NY, US Vestal, NY, US CT, US ME, US
Iberdrola is a global energy leader, the number one producer of wind power, and one of the world's biggest electricity utilities in terms of market capitalisation. The group supplies energy to almost 100 million people in dozens of countries including Spain, the United Kingdom (ScottishPower), the United States (AVANGRID), Brazil (Neoenergia), Mexico, Germany, Portugal, Italy and France, with a workforce of more than 35,000 people.
Iberdrola is leading the transition towards a sustainable energy model through its investments in renewable energy, smart grids, large-scale energy storage and digital transformation, to offer its customers the most advanced products and services. Thanks to its commitment to clean energy, Iberdrola is one of the companies with the lowest emissions and an international benchmark for its contribution to sustainability and the fight against climate change.
Sign-on bonus available!
$5,000.00 to $10,000.00 sign-on bonus available to external applicant hired
Avangrid is growing! We are actively hiring Electrical Engineers, at all experience levels, for our Transmission Planning team. We are flexible with office locations (Connecticut, Maine, and New York), and remote work options may be considered for highly qualified candidates.
In these roles, you will be able to:
• Collaborate, perform, and lead reliability and/or economic driven studies including voltage, thermal, PV, transfer limit, short circuit, and stability assessments.
• Analyze and assess complex transmission systems at numerous voltage levels. Document and communicate results and recommendations as appropriate including data manipulation, report writing, and summary presentations.
• Innovate and integrate improvements to increase the precision and efficiency of transmission planning.
• Develop subject matter expert skills as necessary to mentor and support the team to aid in the advancement of business needs.
• Collaborate and interact with internal teams and industry peers on regional activities (e.g. NPCC, ISO’s, etc.).
• Develop and apply a thorough understanding of various planning criteria, guidelines, standards (e.g. NERC, NPCC, etc.) and analysis software packages such as PSS/E, TARA, and ASPEN.
• Participate in transmission and substation site inspections; attend industry workshops, training, and user group meetings as needs arise.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Energy systems, Power systems or similar discipline is required. 3+ years of utility or energy experience highly preferred.
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com