Avangrid Transmission Line Principal Engineer in Rochester, New York
Transmission Line Principal Engineer
Company: NY STATE ELECTRIC & GAS C
Rochester, NY, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $40 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
As part of AVANGRID Networks effort to develop large scale transmission projects, supporting access for future clean energy, the Transmission Lines Principal Engineer - Business Development will be leading Engineering of major Transmission projects development and proposals across United States.
The position of Transmission Line Principal Engineer will support the design of high voltage transmission lines and support the power delivery development, construction, and operations team; provide technical support for new and existing assets; identify low-cost solutions for new project construction; develop project cost/schedule estimates; and manage contracts to engineer, procure, and construct projects safely and efficiently.
• Employ a strong understanding of overhead transmission line and underground transmission line design up to 500kV including applicable industry codes, standard and guidelines.
• Use PLS-CADD to model transmission lines to support accurate project cost estimates.
• Support bid solicitations and project development evaluating engineering, procurement and construction factors that lead to low-cost solutions in a highly competitive environment. These factors include routing analysis, conductor selection, structure and foundation types, environmental issues and construction means and methods.
• Engineering support in all phases such as: scoping and budgeting, conceptual engineering, contract management and design, procurement, engineering design, construction, and closeout.
• Responsible for leading and creating new conceptual designs and overseeing the work of external detailed designers.
• Proactively identify and perform special projects and studies that innovatively solve complex problems with broad impact to the business.
• Analyze operational issues in support of system reliability and operational efficiency.
• Represent the company on regional and national committees when needed.
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree Civil/Structural or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience required
• Professional Engineering License Preferred
• High voltage overhead/underground HVAC up to 500kV and HVDC transmission lines experience.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Ability to manage competing priorities using sound engineering and financial judgment to determine optimal solutions
• Deep knowledge of Construction for utility environments or large corporations.
• Ability to review and approve engineering work done by others to ensure compliance with company standards, specifications, and contract requirements
• Computer literacy
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to articulate highly technical concepts and present information effectively at all levels
• Strong management and leadership skills, ability to drive change and adoption of new technologies
• Able to go to customer sites and meet with customers and developers representing the company.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Avangrid Networks Projects organization is a place where we are focused on becoming a best-in-class trusted leader in project execution by improving our people, systems and processes to become increasingly effective, efficient and agile.
Be a role model
Collaborate and Share
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Focus to achieve results
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org