Avangrid Lead Analyst - Pricing & Analysis in Rochester, New York
Lead Analyst - Pricing & Analysis
Company: ROCHESTER GAS & ELEC CORP
Rochester, NY, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $40 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
Performs technical, analytical and statistical duties related to sales forecasting, revenue requirement and rate design analysis, cost of service studies and other statistical analysis. Responsible for leading
major, critical projects, including regulatory proceedings and other projects needed to support Company initiatives. Provides analytical support and advice to meet other business area objectives.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
• Develops sales and revenue forecasts using statistically valid techniques and that have credibility with stakeholders. Maintain corporate revenue models as necessary.
• Develops budget forecasts as well as revenue requirements and rate design approaches.
• Assures that all revenue requirement items are included and that the rates developed recover the revenue requirement.
• Support the monthly financial close process by performing variance analysis, preparation of variance explanations and communication to senior management
• Calculates monthly accruals and/or deferrals for regulatory surcharges, such as RDM and GSC, responsible for interim and annual reconciliation and related rate calculation.
• Assures the proper implementation of rates, including transmission rates, and assures that accounting for items follows the ratemaking treatment.
• Drafts testimony and develops exhibits in support of rate filings at the State.
• Responds to questions from stakeholders during technical conferences and responds to written data requests.
• Performs economic analyses of capital and other cost of service studies.
• Recommends new approaches to cost recovery and ratemaking, included incentive based regulation and rate design approaches.
• Provides guidance in the development and/or change of customer billing processes to meet regulatory requirements.
• Requires 5 years of related work experience.
• Knowledge of cost accounting and statistical techniques and principles.
• Knowledge of complex models and complete modifications/output.
• Thorough knowledge of ratemaking principles and approaches.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting, finance or economics.
Skills and Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
• Masters degree is preferred.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Excellent team and customer service skills.
• Demonstrated analytical skills and judgment dealing with complex business issues.
• Thorough understanding of interrelationships of revenue requirement, rate design and financial performance.
Be a role model
Collaborate and Share
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Focus to achieve results
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com