Eversource Energy Working Foreman - Field Electrician in Rochester, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Supervises, coordinates and performs installation, testing repair, operation and maintenance of electrical equipment and associated facilities.
- Plans, schedules and supervises the work of the Division Electricians
- Trains and instructs subordinates in the proper methods and practices
- Prepares and maintains department records
- Reviews substation inspection sheets and data and initiates corrective action
- Maintains stock of parts needed for maintenance of equipment
- Plans and oversees switching on distribution systems
- Interprets and implements company policy, practices and safety rules in the supervision of employees and resolution of personnel problems
Appraises and evaluates employees and recommends promotions, demotions and disciplinary action; interviews candidates and provides hiring recommendation
Responsible forordering and issuing parts, materials, tools and equipment to enable efficient operations.
Provides training to and instructs others within the department; Plans, schedules and reviews work performed and evaluates subordinates
- Identifies appropriate procedural methods; and make decisions based on analysis of information
- Works effectively with subordinates; superiors, interfacing departments and vendors
Analyzes operational methods and develops improved procedures as needed;
Interprets Company policies, procedures and practices.
*Successful candidate will be required to take and pass the CAST aptitude test*
- Ability to communicate effectively, including being able to follow detailed written instructions.
- Ability to perform basic math functions
- Proven safe driving record
- Ability to work alone and be self-directed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum of three (3) years of experience as an Electrician
Previous supervisory experience and/or technical direction of others is helpful.
- Computer experience including Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred.
- Ability to implement environmental and safety procedures, train others, and participate on teams or committees to help improve processes is also desired
Licenses & Certifications:
- Motor Vehicle Driver’s License required
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs