Energy Northwest Hydro Maintenance Operator in Richland, Washington
Energy Northwest operates many electricity generating stations in Washington and Oregon. This position is located at a 2 unit hydro dam located in Sandy, Oregon on the Bull Run Reservoir.
Independently perform preventative maintenance and monitoring activities at the Portland Hydroelectric Project (PHP). This could include plant startup, manual shutdown and re-start. Be capable of installing new equipment and replacement components and possess a broad range of maintenance and troubleshooting skills. Have some knowledge of regulatory requirements and applicable policies and procedures. Normally receives daily direction from the Station Leader but must be capable of making decisions independently.
- As required, operate and monitor the plant, making operating adjustments including initiating startup or shutdown action as appropriate.
- Perform all outage and routine plant maintenance tasks, troubleshoot systems utilizing blueprints, electrical diagrams and hardware component manuals.
- Operate pickup trucks, fork lifts and perform rigging operations as assigned in a safe manner.
- Conduct preventative maintenance as scheduled, and perform tasks such as simple metal work, carpentry, support equipment repair/servicing and other similar needs of this remote job site.
- Collect operational data and produce routine reports.
- Perform tasks in accordance with all applicable policies and procedures.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED and completion of a four year trade school and at least one year of experience in electrical, mechanical, operational and/or instrumentation at an operating generating facility. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a four year trade school.
Salary: $54,174 minimum to $67,718 midpoint
Typically, selected candidates are hired at a salary rate between the minimum and midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience and qualifications, market rate, internal equity, and budgetary allowances.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate due to race, color, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
EEO is the law, click here to learn more
This posting is open through October 25, 2018.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Energy Northwest
Job Title: Hydro Maintenance Operator
Job ID: 6128