Portland General Electric Utility Worker - Portland Operations Center in Portland, Oregon
At PGE, our work involves dreaming about, planning for, and realizing a smarter, cleaner, more enduring Oregon neighborhood. Its core to our DNA and we haven’t stopped since we started in 1888. We energize lives, strengthen communities and drive advancements in energy that promote social, economic and environmental progress. We’re always on the lookout for people passionate about leading and being a part of teams that are advancing innovative clean energy solutions that are also affordable and accessible to all.
Position: Utility Worker
Location: Portland Service Center
Rate of pay: $ 21.57
Shift: 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM / Monday - Friday
It is recognized that the Company is engaged in a public service requiring continuous operation, and it is agreed that recognition of such an obligation of continuous service is imposed upon both the Company and the Union.
Work under the direction of a General Foreman.
DUTIES: (Essential Job Responsibilities)
• Work safely
• Operate vehicles including forklifts, skid steers, half-ton pickups, and passenger cars and trucks exceeding 30,000 GVW.
• Deliver barricades and parking bags, hang door hangers, deliver and pick up tools for crews.
• Flagging for outages and other situations as needed.
• Clean and maintain vehicles.
• Perform daily housekeeping duties such as sweeping, mopping, cleaning garages and parking areas.
• Shuttle equipment, vehicles, and personnel as needed.
• Organize, maintain and cleanup pole yard.
• Work safely by knowing and understanding PGE’s work practices, ODOT regulations, and other safety guidelines.
• Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge/Skills/Experience Required)
• Must acquire and maintain a CDL Class A driver's license and maintain throughout tenure in the position.
• Must acquire and maintain flagging certification and maintain throughout tenure in the position.
• Must acquire and maintain forklift certification throughout tenure in the position
• Ability to use appropriate small hand tools.
• Ability to read and interpret PGE job sketches, including materials and permitting information.
• Availability and willingness to participate in storm and outage support outside of normal business hours.
• Ability to meet physical requirements of the job, initially demonstrated by passing a pre-placement physical exam.
• Knowledge of applicable safety requirements and OSHA regulations.
• Applicants who do not currently have a CDL, flagging certification or forklift certification will be required to obtain them within the probationary period.
The position for which you are applying is covered under the Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations as defined in 49 CFR Part 40 and 49 CFR Parts 380, 390 and 391 which became effective on October 29, 2004. If you have been employed by PGE for less than 3 years, once you submit your Bid, you will receive a Supplemental Application form. The information you provide on the form related to the names and addresses of your previous employers during the preceding 3 years, dates of employment, reasons for leaving employment, whether you were subject to FMCSA while employed, whether your job was designated as a safety sensitive function in any DOT mode, may be used and your previous employers may be contacted.
During the probationary period following reassignment to any job, at least two progress reports will be completed. These reports will be discussed with the employee by his/her immediate supervisor, and copies of each will be given to him/her.
Join us today and power your potential!
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
PGE believes in rewarding dedicated performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
PGE does not discriminate on the basis of disability. We recognize individuals have a variety of abilities to offer and we believe there is much to value and celebrate by incorporating different abilities into the work we do. One very important way we live this out is in our application and interview process. We work hard to support individuals who may need an accommodation to fully participate in these processes. If you feel you may need an accommodation, or would like to request one, please notify the Talent Acquisition Specialist (Recruiter) associated with the job posting. You may also make this request by contacting email@example.com or by calling 503-464-7250. The Recruiter will provide information and next steps for the accommodation process. Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) team is also available for support. You can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. Posting closes at midnight (Pacific Time) on the closing date below. If no date is listed, job is open until filled.
November 30, 2022
At Portland General Electric, we’re innovators, builders, and achievers. We’re committed to powering our customers’ potential and making a difference for our community and the planet. Today, that commitment includes developing an intelligent and resilient electric grid, electrifying transportation and de-carbonizing the energy sector.
We’re proud to deliver an exceptional experience to help our customers thrive. Our mission is to make clean, reliable and affordable energy services available to all. We obsess over serving customers and are committed to growing employee career paths with purpose. Equity and inclusion are core business values; we celebrate our differences and are committed to developing teams that reflect the communities we serve.