Pacificorp Technical Writing Intern, Salt Lake City, UT or Portland, OR #111405 in Portland, Oregon
Technical Writing Intern, Salt Lake City, UT or Portland, OR #111405
Date: Feb 11, 2024
Location: Portland, OR, US, 97232
JOIN OUR TEAM
Creates and maintains technical documentation, policies, procedures, white papers and manuals. Translates technical and/or complicated information into clear, concise documents appropriate for various target audiences. Compiles, organizes, and summarizes data from multiple sources; monitors/tracks processes to ensure their execution within defined parameters. Ensures activities are performed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Provide technical writing and content management support for engineering related policies, procedures, manuals, white papers and other documentation as required.
• Provide editing, layout and publishing support to ensure high quality of material produced.
• Ensure company documentation is compliant with NERC, FERC and WECC policies.
• Participates in meetings or interviews subject matter experts to obtain technical understanding and clarification of documentation requirements.
• Publishes content on company intranet and internet sites.
• Coordinate requests for documentation and evidence.
• Act as a subject matter resource to all levels of the organization.
• Recommend alternative processes and practices.
• Current enrollment in an accredited university, with full-time enrollment in one of the following degree programs: Business Administration, Technical Communications or other applicable fields.
• A minimum of six months of directly related experience in technical writing and editing.
• Proficient with the use of personal computers including publishing software, spreadsheet, database, word processing, and presentation applications.
• Communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to consult with internal and external customers regarding matters/issues which may be sensitive and complex in nature.
• Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds; ability to work as a member of a team; ability to present alternatives and recommendations.
• Knowledge of BroadVision Quicksilver and Adobe Dreamweaver.
Req Id: 111405
Company Code: Pacificorp
Primary Location: Portland, OR
Department: Rocky Mountain Power
Schedule: Flexible-Up to 20 hrs per week
Personnel Subarea: Non-exempt
Hiring Range: $20.50-$26.00
Benefits: Health care, retirement, paid time off, tuition assistance, paid short-term and long-term disability, paid bereavement leave. For more information, please visit: https://careers.pacificorp.com/content/New-Benefits-Page/?locale=en_US
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. PacifiCorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
Unless otherwise required by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening including for marijuana. While marijuana is legal in several states, including Oregon, a positive test for positions in Oregon may disqualify a candidate. The company complies with the laws of Washington and California and only obtains and considers positive tests for marijuana in safety-sensitive positions or those covered by U.S. Department of Transportation regulations.