Avangrid Systems Engineer, Commercial Ops in Portland, Oregon
Systems Engineer, Commercial Ops
Company: AVANGRID RENEWABLES, LLC
Portland, OR, US TX, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $40 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
This skilled individual will be part of the Digital Tools and Analytics team, part of the Technical Services Team, within the US Operations Department. The role of the Digital Tools and Analytics team is to administer and promote development and implementation of digital tools that are used in order to monitor and evaluate the operational performance of our fleet of renewable energy assets as well as to perform advanced data analytics and support detailed and executive reporting. The DTA team provides support to all stakeholders within the Operations Department and cooperates closely with the IT department of Avangrid Renewables.
• Have the ownership of data quality for critical operational performance data (Availability and Stoppages Tool Categorizations)
• Communicate with the Field Operations team in order to receive day to day requests as well as communicate and coordinate with field personnel with regards to operations and tasks on the main digital tools for operations (DOMINA G, MODO etc)
• Receive and resolve or redirect IT tickets related to digital tools
• Administer user permissions and provide internal customer support
• Create, maintain and distribute standardized and on demand reporting
• Perform asset performance analytics (asset performance analyst, power curve assessments)
• Issue Bulletins and provide training for updates on issues related to the DTA area of focus.
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
Skills and Requirements
• BS in Engineering, IT, Computer Science, Business Analysis, Sciences OR proven professional experience of 2 years in one of the above fields.
• Advanced computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, email, facility control, data management, and reporting systems.
• Advanced analytical skills
• Ability to solve analytical problems and deal with a number of variables
• Availability for occasional travel (5-10%)
• Knowledge of programming languages (Python, SQL, C, R)
• Experience with SAP
Our Selection Process
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com