Pacificorp Princ Eng/Operations Project Manager, Salt Lake City, UT or Portland, OR, #110828 in PORTLAND, Oregon
Princ Eng/Operations Project Manager, Salt Lake City, UT or Portland, OR, #110828
Date: Sep 21, 2023
Location: PORTLAND, OR, US, 97232
JOIN OUR TEAM
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Under minimal direction from the director of engineering/operations or a vice president, oversees multiple large complex high-risk politically sensitive projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration.
The successful candidate will be accountable for all project management responsibilities for the delivery of the most complex, high-risk and politically sensitive projects and deliverables related to distribution engineering. Responsibilities include but are not limited to planning, directing and coordinating all aspects of the development and implementation of project plans and strategy for distribution engineering deliverables and managing multifunctional matrixed project teams across business platforms. Responsibilities also include coordinating team efforts, assigning tasks, developing detailed project plans, project schedules and ensuring timelines are met.
• Manage the most complex, high-risk and politically sensitive distribution engineering project deliverables from assignment to closeout and direct project teams to ensure all phases of projects meet cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
• Coordinate and direct the activities of internal departments including operations, grid operations, design engineering and customer & community affairs and external government and private agencies including Public Utility Commissions and other utilities in the process of delivering assigned projects.
• Establish, track, and control project cost, scope, schedule, and risk to deliver assigned projects within their approved scope, budget, and schedule.
• Plan, schedule, and execute all phases of projects in accordance with project management processes, policies and guidelines, and corporate governance.
• Develop detailed project plans and ensure project scopes, team responsibilities, milestone dates, and the procurement strategy are clearly stated for all assigned projects.
• Develop and update the project schedule in accordance with project objectives.
• Define and manage interfaces with senior management, business units, regulators, contractors, vendors, customers, and auditors on assigned projects.
• Coordinate the development of conceptual and detailed designs.
• Interface with stakeholders and internal/external customers throughout the project life cycle to assure their criteria and objectives are met.
• Negotiate with vendors and contractors regarding work scope changes and ensure that all contract commitments are completed on time per the scope of work and technical specifications.
• Manage construction management team activities in conjunction with field operations.
• Interface with appropriate management levels including senior management to gain necessary approvals and manage risk in accordance with corporate governance.
• Manage the bid process, and contracts for external engineering and construction services.
• Manage the development of conceptual and detailed designs.
• Monitor the scope, cost, and schedule for variances and implement corrective measures.
• Provide project progress reports to management and other stakeholders in accordance with an approved communication plan.
• Provide quality project cost forecasting over the life of the project.
• Develop scopes of work and requests for proposals for external multimillion dollar engineer, procure, construct contracts as necessary.
• Manage career development of Associate, Career and Lead Senior level project managers and engineers.
• Provide leadership regarding project management practices and issue resolution.
• May have direct supervisory responsibility for a project team.
• Stay abreast of new and emerging project management processes, tools, and techniques within the industry and provide recommendations on best practices/processes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ten years related professional experience.
• Demonstrated distribution engineering experience.
• Proficient in project scheduling, cost controls, tracking and reporting methodologies
• Proficient in financial principles to quantify costs and benefits of projects and to track and maintain project budgets
• Expert in the application of Project Management Institute project management techniques or equivalent
• Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated advanced business management skills including consulting skills, customer service, and business acumen
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate team efforts, provide guidance and direction to team members, and communicate project objectives, parameters, status, and outcomes to stakeholders
• Highly skilled in motivating and influencing others, experience in team building and conflict management
• Ability to analyze information, form conclusions and provide meaningful and creative solutions to non-typical business issues
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
• Master’s in Business Administration or advanced technical degree
• Current Professional Engineer License
• Advanced Project Management or Program Management Certification by the Project Management Institute
• Understanding of environmental regulations, National Environmental Protection Act, environmental impact statement, environmental assessment, State Historical Preservation Office, Army Corp of Engineers, etc.
• Knowledge of the company’s business, policies, procedures, and practices
• Experience in the electric utility industry and applicable federal, state and local regulations.
• Experience in managing direct reports.
Req Id: 110828
Company Code: Pacificorp
Primary Location: PORTLAND
Department: Rocky Mountain Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $129,800-$152,700
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance incentive bonus of up to 20.00% of salary.
Benefits: Health care, retirement, paid time off, tuition assistance, paid short-term and long-term disability, paid bereavement leave. For more information, please visit: https://careers.pacificorp.com/content/New-Benefits-Page/?locale=en_US
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. PacifiCorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.