Avangrid Optimization Planning Analyst in Portland, Oregon
Optimization Planning Analyst
Company: AVANGRID RENEWABLES, LLC
Portland, OR, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $40 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
The Planning, Digital Transformation and Optimization department is a cross-functional team focused on improving processes and ways of working. Avangrid Renewables is in constant change, always striving to introduce new technologies, digitalization, and improvements in our daily activities through a portfolio of improvement projects.
The Global Planning Analyst defines and maintains a lean project management methodology to ensure consistency and effective project management practices. This position oversees the portfolio of projects and defines the reporting methodology that is lean but informative enough to take the appropriate decisions. This position also supports other areas of the Planning, Digital Transformation and Optimization team in performing analysis to identify and justify improvements and to influence the organization towards the changes required.
• Gather, evaluate, and prioritize different improvement initiatives coming from diverse sources.
• Perform analysis to evaluate the benefits of different initiatives or support other stakeholders to do it.
• Communicate with different stakeholders to evaluate and set priorities.
• Facilitate the decision-making process to select improvement projects to launch or remove from the portfolio.
• Define and continually improve Project Management methodology, rules, templates, tools, and quality gates.
• Oversee the portfolio of projects, ensuring that different project managers follow the methodology.
• Report progress and achievements of different projects and the portfolio with the help of different project managers.
• Prepare project reports to senior management and various internal and external stakeholders.
• Support creating analysis and presentations for potential projects, identifying the benefits to the organization.
• Manage own projects when necessary.
Skills and Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 3 years of working experience
• Excellent project management skills coupled with organization, flexibility, and strong attention to detail.
• Strong analytical skills, able to independently build complex business cases in Excel.
• Strong PowerPoint skills to outline projects, ideas at executive level.
• Outstanding presentation skills building power points and speaking in public.
• Engineering or science degree.
• Working experience in management consulting or in the energy sector.
• Experience working with or in different business areas like procurement, supply chain, operations, etc.
• Previous experience setting up or running a Project Management Office (PMO) or similar.
• Project management certificate: PMP or Scrum.
• Previous experience with scheduling tools such as MS Project, Primavera or similar.
• Experience with Power Apps, Power Automate or Power BI.
Additional Success Factors
• Ability to navigate and succeed in a highly matrixed reporting structure, preferably at an international company.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with ability to lead people from other departments not reporting to him.
• Capacity to understand concepts related with engineering, maintenance, supply chain, procurement, contract management and power generation.
• Self-starter with demonstrated performance leading initiatives and building consensus at all levels of a matrixed global organization.
• Ability to efficiently manage multiple, concurrent, time-sensitive projects and priorities.
• Effectively provides and receives information orally in individual and group situations. Written expression is clear, concise, and conveys the desired message.
Be a role model
Collaborate and Share
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Focus to achieve results
Our Selection Process
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam, background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle. Avangrid Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status or class protected by federal or state law.
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com