Pacificorp Eng/Ops Project Manager ( I, II, III) Portland, OR #111071 in PORTLAND, Oregon
Eng/Ops Project Manager ( I, II, III) Portland, OR #111071
Date: Nov 25, 2023
Location: PORTLAND, OR, US, 97232
JOIN OUR TEAM
Seeking Civil Engineers/Project Managers: If you ever dreamed of working on projects that provide environmental and social benefits and you have some civil design, construction, and/or project management experience…have we got an opportunity for you. PacifiCorp is seeking a civil engineer/project manager to implement our fish passage, fish hatchery, recreational, wildlife habitat, and dam safety projects. Not only will this position provide you the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, you will also become part of an amazing team of natural resource and dam safety leaders that deliver identifiable results to enhance our environmental and social resources.
The work is fast paced, varied, challenging, and rewarding. PacifiCorp offers a full benefits package, generous paid time off, flexible scheduling including allowance for partial remote work, paid parental leave, and participation in the employee Annual Incentive Plan which for this position can be up to 12% (for Eng/Ops Proj Mgr Level I & II) to 15% (for Eng/Ops Proj Mgr Level III) of the salary advertised annually. While the work is primarily office based, there will be plenty of opportunities to visit our scenic project areas. So, if you are looking to be a part of a great team in an exciting and ever evolving field, please consider applying.
Under supervision of the Director of Civil Engineering and Dam Safety, oversees small to medium projects or phases of larger projects. Responsible for all aspects of the project over the entire project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close). Must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
Under direct supervision of the Director of Civil Engineering and Dam Safety, the responsibilities of Eng/Ops Project Manager I include the following:
• Manage small scale capital projects or phases of larger projects in accordance with project management processes, policies and guidelines.
• Deliver assigned projects within approved scope, budget, schedule, and within company governance.
• Assist with developing scopes of work and requests for proposals for external contracts as necessary.
• Manage the planning, design, and construction of small scale capital projects .
• Develop and manage project schedules and issue regular progress reports.
• Establish, track, and control project cost, scope, schedule, and risk.
• Provide quality reporting, cost forecasting, schedule/float management, and change control.
• Participate in negotiations with vendors and contractors regarding work scope changes and ensure that all contract commitments are completed on time per applicable specifications.
In addition to the above, and under direct supervision of the Director of Civil Engineering and Dam Safety, the Eng/Ops Project Manager II responsibilities include:
• Manage the planning, design, and construction of multiple small to medium scale capital projects.
• Plan, schedule, and execute all phases of projects in accordance with project management processes, policies, guidelines, and corporate governance.
• Develop detailed project plans and ensure project scopes, team responsibilities, milestone dates, and the procurement strategy are clearly stated for all assigned projects.
• Develop project schedules in accordance with project objectives.
• Coordinate the development of conceptual and detailed designs.
• Develop and execute public involvement plan during the project permitting phase.
• Interface with external customers throughout the project life cycle.
• Establish responsibility for and manage the physical construction.
• Provide project progress reports to management and other stakeholders in accordance with an approved communication plan.
• Coordinate with procurement to solicit external materials and services as required for project deliverables.
• Manage the bid process and contracts for external engineering and construction services.
• Negotiate with vendors and contractors regarding work scope changes and ensure that all contract commitments are completed on time per the scope of work and technical specifications.
• Manage construction management team activities in conjunction with field operations.
• Interface with department manager to gain necessary approvals and manage risk.
In addition to the above, and under general supervision of the Director of Civil Engineering and Dam Safety, the Eng/Ops Project Manager III responsibilities include:
• Manage the planning, design, and construction of multiple medium to large scale capital projects.
Requirements for Eng/Ops Project Manager I include the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent from an accredited college or university
• Related professional experience.
• Experience or formal education in project cost, schedule, scope controls, forecasting and reporting
• Ability to analyze information, form conclusions and provide meaningful solutions
• Proficient with the use of technical applications, software, and tools
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
• Ability to motivate and influence others including skills and experience in team building
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to understand and implement applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
• Possess a valid driver license and be able to drive in accordance with Company policies.
In addition to the above the Eng/Ops Project Manager II requirements include:
• A minimum of two years directly related professional experience.
• Experience in project scheduling, cost controls, tracking and reporting methodologies
• Knowledge of financial principles to quantify costs and benefits of projects and to track and maintain project budgets
In addition to the above the Eng/Ops Project Manager III requirements include:
• Five or more years directly related professional experience.
• Experience in the application of Project Management Institute project management techniques or equivalent
• Experience in managing vendors and contractors regarding work scope changes to ensure that all contract commitments are completed on time per applicable specifications.
• Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated business management skills including consulting, customer service, and business acumen
• Interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate team efforts, provide guidance and direction to team members, and communicate project objectives, parameters, status, and outcomes to stakeholders
• Demonstrated skill in motivating and influencing others as well as skills and experience in team building, and conflict management
• Registration as a professional engineer
• Project Management Professional certification by the Project Management Institute
• Understanding of federal, state, and local environmental and historic preservation regulations, such as but not limited to the National Environmental Policy Act, Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act, National Historic Preservation Act, Army Corp of Engineers 404 permitting, etc.
• Knowledge of the Company’s business, policies, procedures, and practices
• Experience in the electric utility industry and applicable federal, state and local regulations
• Working knowledge of SAP in cost tracking and forecasting
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Projects, Primavera scheduling, or other project management software
• Experience in electric utility design and/or construction
Req Id: 111071
Company Code: PacifiCorp
Primary Location: PORTLAND
Department: Pacific Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $74,300-$115,500
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance incentive bonus of up to 12.00% of salary.
Benefits: Health care, retirement, paid time off, tuition assistance, paid short-term and long-term disability, paid bereavement leave. For more information, please visit: https://careers.pacificorp.com/content/New-Benefits-Page/?locale=en_US
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. PacifiCorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.