Pacificorp Director, Energy Supply Operations & Reliability - Portland, OR #109146 in PORTLAND, Oregon
Director, Energy Supply Operations & Reliability - Portland, OR #109146
Date: Nov 24, 2022
Location: PORTLAND, OR, US, 97232
Join our team!
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Manages the 24/7 real-time operation function. Oversees employees that determine system energy balancing requirements, schedule power, and dispatch generation resources during all hours to maintain system balance between supply and demand. Ensures compliance with applicable NERC standards. Strives for lowest net power cost solutions for customers. Responsible for selecting, coaching, and developing employees and implementing and supporting company programs and policies.
• Strategically position the company’s system to meet company load obligations at the least cost utilizing company resources to achieve the business unit’s financial goals.
• Manage system resources to meet company obligations while reducing the business unit's and company’s net power cost.
• Report strategic and operational objectives and performance to the highest levels of PacifiCorp management.
• Develop relationships with other utilities to enhance PacifiCorp’s ability to reliably and economically serve the company’s customers.
• Monitor operation of company generating assets, balancing area loads and resources, transmission constraints, and wheeling, for dispatch and reliability purposes.
• Establish effective working relationships with traders, schedulers, and transmission providers, for dispatch and reliability purposes.
• Enforce and abide by front office policies and procedures.
• Adhere to all national and regional reliability standards, and all state and federal compliance regulations.
• Select, coach, and develop employees.
• Review and evaluate employee performance and prepare annual reviews.
• Manage and allocate financial and employee resources.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Marketing or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in asset management.
• A minimum of three years people management.
• Current NERC certification or certification within 90 days of hire.
• Proven management skills for all facets of utility system operation, including power generation; energy markets; transmission purchases; and electronic tagging.
• Detailed knowledge of generation dispatch for all resources, including thermal, hydroelectric and wind resources.
• Understanding of all pertinent NERC reliability standards.
• Management skills including the ability to establish objectives, execute policy, monitor resources, and manage the development or implementation of a system, program or process.
• Leadership and teamwork skills to provide input into policy decisions and to mobilize resources to produce desired business results.
• Communication and interpersonal skills to manage and motivate employees and use oral and written communication to communicate objectives and action plans.
• Knowledge of Company’s strategic plan, objectives for specific area, as well as Company policies, procedures, and practices and federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations.
• May be required to work non-standard hours including nights, weekends and holidays to support 24 hour real time staff.
• Advanced Degree.
• Supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership skills is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of power plants, market hubs, and interchange points between companies.
• Knowledge of California ISO procedures and practices.
Req Id: 109146
Company Code: PacifiCorp
Primary Location: PORTLAND
Department: ESM Short-Term Resource Optimization NMF
Schedule: Monday - Friday / 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Personnel Subarea: EXEMPT
Hiring Range: $145,900.00 - $171,600.00
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance incentive bonus of up to 45.00% of salary.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. PacifiCorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.